eleven

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

Why do we stand at a grave and cry when the person we are crying for is not there? Why must we commit to a false reality where we believe they are in a better place when simply they are gone.

Everybody always said, "they're looking down on you," or "they'd be so proud."
But how?

How would they be proud when they too have disappeared into the dark abyss as everybody else soon will follow.

We make up our minds and choose to believe they are watching us from whatever is above.

Following the narrative that we must do what people say they would have wanted.

How does one know what another would want when they are too gone to explicitly say they desire it.
Al Pacino once said, "They say we die twice. Once when the breath leaves our body, and once when the last person we know says our name."

All you have done, all you will do for this world will be forgotten.

You will be nothing but a whisper in the wind that nobody would hear.

People often ask themselves if a tree falls in the woods, and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

You are that tree.

Nobody has heard the sound, but the impact is still there even when one is not there to bare witness.
Somebody will hear the sounds of the weeping at a grave.

Not who you would wish, but simply yourself.
You will hear the depraved voices in your head.
You would hear the silent screams.
Nobody but yourself.

For they are not there.

Simply there, lay a body.

A body that will decay and rot.
A soulless body simply there for memoriam.
We lay flowers on a grave simply out of guilt, not out of love.

When it is our turn to lay down in a bed of flowers, others will mourn and we will not be there to watch.
We'll seep deeper into the void called death and not know any different.

---

Christian didn't go to the funeral.
Their parents friends from church planned everything, and the two siblings simply couldn't be bothered to go to their homophobic parents funeral.