three

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

"death is the end of life. not the end of soul. when one dies, that's the end. isn't it?"

"no."

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

Fire crackled, reflecting off pale skin. Crystal blue eyes watched the red, orange, and yellow dance together in harmony. The fire had yet to dwindle since earlier on. Time had passed, the amount of time, well, that was unknown to the mind. All he knows is that it had been hours, and he had yet to drop a tear.

Dumping the contents of his glass down his throat, the man felt the familiar burn he hadn't felt in years until moments ago, when it happened again. The sound of footsteps still hadn't broken the man out of his trance, he kept looking forward, even if he knew who the person who had walked up behind him in his chair was.

"Chris?" a soft voice came from behind Christian. "Are you alright?" the women's soft voice came through again. Christian was silent for a moment before he raised his glass and spoke for probably the first time in probably a few hours. It came out raspy, and tired sounding.

"The bastards are dead..." The man raised his other arm into the air, faking mock happiness, "yay! Let's celebrate. Drink with me." Christian looked down at his glass, realizing it was empty, before looking at the table, where an empty glass bottle lay. "We may need to buy more alcohol though. I used the only bottle in the house." He mused, and then giggled lightly. The giggles got louder until they slowly stopped, and tears started streaming down the brunet's face. A small sob came out, and the female was in front of him on the floor, pulling him closer to her in a way of comfort, in a matter of seconds.

The sobs echoed through the room, as the fire had finally started to dwindle once again. Silence echoed through the castle like house, the only sound being the sound of small sobs escaping involuntarily.

The brunet male had opened his mouth many times, trying to speak, but nothing came out except many more small noises. After about 10 minutes of silence, and crying, he finally gained the courage to talk.

"I.. I know that... that they... they didn't care but... but they were... were still... still my parents, Marie. I mean... mean who wouldn't want... want to ki... kill them, but why would... would somebody do some... something like... like this?" It took a few moments for the words to come out, as Christian kept hiccuping, trying to keep in any more sounds from escaping.

The female, Marie, kept rubbing Christian's back as he spoke, and sighed when he finished speaking. "I wish I could tell you bub, but I really don't know. You have a right to be sad you know, even if they were horrible, horrible people, they were still your parents." Brown eyes poured into blue as she spoke. They both knew it was the truth, they both knew they no matter how many times Chris decided he hated his parents, he couldn't hate anybody. "Now, we're gonna book you an AA meeting again, but I need you to stop drinking." Marie said slowly, taking the glass from the male's grip.

Christian nodded, and they sat there for a while, Marie rubbing circles on his back, and Chris with his head buried in her shoulder.

3 days later

Quantico, Virginia

7 figures were seated around a round table.

A blonde with very colorful clothes stood up, holding what seemed to be a remote. Clicking a button, the TV behind her lit up. At the same time, many around the table started opening files that were placed in front of their seats prior to entering the room.

"Las Vegas police department called in. 8 people were found dead in the last week, 4 couples to be exact. Each married, with kids. All 4 couples were Catholic, like super catholic. Like scary religious."

A darker skinned male looked up at the screen from his file, asking an obvious question. "Where were the kids?"

"Most kids have moved out or gone to college actually, the Johnson's son Mitch, who's currently 17, was at a friends house. All the kids had alibi's, one being our own Detective Walker." Nobody had realized, but a lean brunet's head perked up hearing the name. Surely she hated him, who wouldn't. With what he did, there was no way he could really apologize. Plus, their parents had just died. Sure, they weren't exactly the best parents, but if the man knew the Walker kids, he knew they would still be sad.

"Could it have been religious in any way? They did something against their religion, or just the fact they worship what that person believes to be wrong?" Asked a noirette from across the table. The brunet was still out of it, which was starting to worry the darker skinned male a little, Boy Genius almost never shut up.

"The M.O. is the same with all the victims except one." The blonde woman clicked on the remote once again, causing an image to pop up onto the screen. This one more graphic than the images of the people that had popped up beforehand. Shown on the screen, carved into a woman's hand was the letter R. "Our unsub carved this... into our 7th victims hand. I looked into subjects and people that connect with the letter 'R' and the only thing that came up was Reverence Dance Company, which coincidentally is the name of the company one of the children run and own." For maybe the last time, the blonde clicked the remote, and a picture of a brown haired male showed up on the screen, again, nobody saw the brunet at the table tense up, and if they did, they said nothing.

"Christian Walker." Everybody started asking more questions about the case in general, but the brunet was still staring at the screen.

Great.

Just Great.