five

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

Do you believe in god more or less when he puts you through grief?

Is he there to help you through even if he's the one who put you in that position?

Christian never understood that. Ever since he was little, he went to church. Every Sunday, he would put on a tie and a button up shirt, just for a few hours to go to church with his parents. Even when he had started to grow up, and even when his parents kicked him out, the brunet went to church. Everybody has questions that went and go unanswered. That was one of Christian's.

Today was a Sunday.

Christian was getting ready to go to church. Marie didn't go to church, but Luke did. So, there they stood.

They were standing outside the church Christian had just visited yesterday. They were standing hand in hand, due to the fact that Christian was shaking like crazy. The brunet didn't know why, and neither did Luke, but Luke wouldn't be his best friend if he didn't try to comfort Chris anyways. As soon as Christian was ready, they both walked down the thin cement path, heading closer to the church.

The church was fully made of cobblestone, but the roof was made of plain paneling. There were plenty of cracks in the exterior, but on the inside, the pews were lined up neatly, and the walls reflected the lighting from the chandelier that hung from the middle of the ceiling. People were scattered about, some sitting while waiting for the service to begin, and some were talking to others.

After finding a seat, the two males sat in the back, not wanting to be right in the front. A few moments later, others started finding their seats in the pews.

///

"We have all heard what has been happening in our city. People have lost their lives, and today, we pray for them. We must pray for the victims themselves, the victims' families, and we must pray that nobody suffers the same fate. Please join me in a minute of silence for the fallen."

The only sound that could be heard was the rain softly landing on the roof. It had started raining right before the service had started. Ironic right? In almost every sad movie ever, it rained. The minute passed by, but it had felt like hours, and hours to Christian. Everybody around them, and themselves were looking at the floor, and while most were probably praying inside their head, Christian's mind was empty. He had nothing to say. What was there to say? He didn't know. So he was silent.