twenty

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

"How had we gone from only having each other to this? How had I gone from being his gem- the savior of our people- to the enemy?

Was that the duty of a King?

To ensure the greater good?

I did not care for the greater good.

I wanted what was good for me..."

- King of Battle and Blood by Scarlett St. Clair

WARNING - IMPLIED SEXUAL CONTENT NOT GRAPHIC, IT'S AFTER THE ACT
THERE IS ALSO A TIME SKIP

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

Delilah Walker was not one to care about what other people said, why should she care when she knew it wasn't true? Living in the presence of two parents she could not have been good enough for, she had learned at a young age she should just live while she still had life in her.

A knock on her office door stopped Delilah from looking at further cases. With a confused look she focused her eyes towards the door. "Come in?" The door was opened, and there stood her brother with something in his hand. "Hey, I thought you were going to visit Luke?"

"I was planning too, but why not visit my sister, who I know hasn't eaten yet because she's too busy with her job." With a small smile, Christian placed the bag he had in his hand on her desk. Inside, was a salad and rice cakes. "I didn't know what you would want, so I got the easiest thing for a vegetarian to eat."

"Well, thank you," Moving the bag aside, Delilah looked back at her brother. He looked happy. "Why do you look like somebody just gave you a puppy?"

Making a face, Christian tried to hide his smile. "I do not."

"Yes, you do. Did something happen?" Grabbing the chair from in front of her desk, Christian sat down and smiled fully at his sister.

"Somebody knocked some sense into me." Wiggling her eyebrows with a smirk, Delilah laughed.

"And who does this someone happen to be?"

"No one, you know. I met him in the park."

"Him? Who-" Cutting her off, there was another knock on the now open door. Turning towards the door, Delilah smiled at Kole, one of the other deputies.