twenty-one

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

"Butterfly lies, chase them away.
Dance around the living room
Lose me in the sight of you
I've seen the red, I've seen the blue.
Take all of me."

TW: Jack Dylan, y'know just incase you need it.

The italics are NOT the present. Normal Text is.
░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

"Tell me a secret. One only you would know."

"Why?"

"So you can lie to my face when you say I love you, and I would know no difference."

With a confused look, Elijah tapped Christian's temple. They sat in the empty dance studio, facing the mirror. Elijah sitting slightly behind Christian, and looking him in the eyes with use of said mirror.

"What goes on in your head?"

"What do you mean?"

"Where do these things come from?" Leaning his head back onto Elijah's shoulder, Christian smiled when he looked down at him.

"Growing up, nothing I said ever mattered. I was just a boy, a boy who nobody would accept knowing. It's always crushing when somebody doesn't like you, right?" Nodding, Elijah looked back at the mirror, placing his arms around Christian's waist. "Imagine, creating this whole person, that isn't yourself, for them and they still can't find it in themselves to look you in the eye. No matter what I did, nothing was enough."

---

Christian would never describe himself as 'graceful,' but dancing brought a whole new part of him to the table. Dancing with one you're beginning to love is a whole other feeling. With his head tilted back in laughter, and his lover laughing with him, Christian still would not call this 'graceful.'

Spencer never danced with him. Not that he didn't support Christian, he just believed himself to be too lanky, and he could never go more than a few minutes before he would burst into rants about the history of dance. Elijah danced with purpose, and the music flowed throughout the room and even farther down the hall, as the door was opened. Both were so absorbed with each other that neither took notice of the hazel eyes down the hall. Looking shattered, but accepting their fate.