ACT TWO

"we need to talk"

Never in his life had Christian imagined somebody he knew getting arrested

Obviously not accounting for the one drug dealer he once knew, but other than that Christian had the belief that all his friends were perfect, imperfect beings.

He knew there was a possibility this was all a big misunderstanding, but knowing young Spencer Reid, the few years gone had obviously given him more experience and knowledge than the man needed, meaning there was a big likelihood Jack was the real criminal here.

As Christian sat in his car, he felt as if there was no air getting to his lungs as his hands were wrung around the steering wheel, surprisingly he had yet to pierce the leather surrounding the mechanism itself.

What do you do when one of the people who has been with you through thick and thin is arrested for the murder of your parents?
Don't know?
Neither does Christian.

No matter what his head was telling him, Christian felt his heart burning in his chest as he dropped his head to look down into his lap as his hands went to the top of his head to pull at the once neat pile of hair that sat there. 

After what felt like hours but was simply a minute or two, Christian's hands dragged down his face as he finally managed to catch his breath. Not paying attention to his surroundings yet as he was still reorganizing himself, he jumped when there was a knock on his car window.

When looking at the culprit of the knock, Christian found the face of the last person he currently wanted to see. Sighing, he unbuckled his seat belt, opened the door and continued his journey out of his car.

After closing the door, Christian looked into the eyes of the one and only Spencer Reid.
That was when he broke.
He was mad. He was angry.
Currently the thoughts running through his head were self-deprecating but when he had looked into the eyes he once and still loved, Christian threw himself into the arms of the other and cried.

Never being one for giving comfort or physical affection, Spencer didn't know what to do, so he simply wrapped his arms around his sobbing ex-lover.

Spencer knew when the rationality of the man hugging him kicked back in, he would push him away, he being Christian.

Hell, Spencer should've pushed him away with all the things he felt, but he couldn't find himself breaking the embrace with the crying brunet. With all the pain they had put each other through they still could not hate each other. As Delainey once said, the two were soulmates.

When you found that kind of love, who would want to let it go? Even when it hurt for Spencer to be hugging the person he love(s)d while he cried over another, he couldn't find himself to be mad at Christian for ever moving on, even when he didn't know that Christian certainly hadn't moved on from the first and only person he knew he had truly loved.

Yet, as people stared at the two as they walked by, Spencer hugged Christian tighter, holding him for as long as he needed. With that, Dr. Spencer Reid knew he signed away his fate to whatever god or gods above. Signing away the chance to ever love anybody who wasn't Christian Montgomery Walker.