one*

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

(prologue)
(3-4 years ago)

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

YOU KNOW THAT FEELING you get when you're really in the moment? Where nothing around you matters because you're doing exactly what you believe you were born for?

In the moment, that's how Christian Walker felt. His worries had washed away like writing in the sand, and here he sat.

Owning his own dance company wasn't really what Christian believed to be his lifelong dream, but he loved it unconditionally. The feeling of being able to give the kids the treasure of dance he had learned at a young age, during secret lessons his godmother paid for of course, and knowing he had the opportunity to shape a young dancer was all Christian needed in his life.

Well, all that he would admit. Truthfully, he wouldn't mind a little bit of love from his parents or even a significant other, but he believed this was the best he was going to currently get.

Back to the present, Christian had zoned out while handling auditions for their newest production, a show choreographed and everything by the very Christian Walker. By the time he had come back from nowhere, he had already seen enough.

Making the signal to stop the music and for the dancers to stop, Christian looked down at the paper sat on the desk they had put into the theater they all sat, it included names and profiles of all the dancers on stage, and off. Smiling as he looked back up, his voice filled the void of silence that had filled the auditorium for an hour or so.

"Well, first, I would like to thank you all for coming, you all did amazing. Now, if you hear your number being called, please step up," Looking down back at the paper, he read off the numbers on the paper, "12... 16... 23... 30... 129... 145... Thank you to the rest of you that came, but that will be all for today."

Sitting back down, the brunet motioned for the next group to come up center stage, before, once again, starting the music.

----

Christian hadn't the littlest clue on why he hadn't gone directly home. Instead, he was currently walking down the sidewalk, occasionally excusing himself when he bumped into others.

The wind was blowing Christian's hair all over the place, the slight breeze chilling into goosebumps upon the back of his neck, as he hadn't brought an overcoat. His shirt wasn't keeping any warmth as it was unbuttoned at the top, and his pants were a tid bit of a heavier material, but not by much.

A few blocks away from the theater, Christian had stopped walking at a gym. His company had their own gym, of course, but he didn't like being in the building all by himself. Bad memories.

Instead, he stood outside a more public gym, one he had frequently been going to after his sponsor told him to do something to take his mind off the urge, and he walked inside.

Through the doors, was a desk with a granite top, plants decorated the arrangement and behind the wall in front of the desk, sat a computer, and a very familiar receptionist.

"Good afternoon, Bella." The relatively soft voice of the brunet said, his voice, and body, tired from working all day. Looking up, the blonde in front of him smiled and returned the sentiment.

"It's been a very good afternoon Christian, how is yours going?"

"It's going lovely. Slightly tired from auditions, but I can't find myself tired enough to go home."

"Well, I hope everything goes alright for the rest of your night, and you're good to go."

Christian wouldn't call him and Bella friends, more like acquaintances that occasionally talked more than you would talk to one in passing. Getting jittery, Christian waved a goodbye to the receptionist and headed towards the door to the back room. A few others had gathered in the gym, but not as many people that would be there midday, or in the mornings even.

Heading towards the mat at the side of the room, Christian got to work.

----

Sitting in his office, going over audition tapes was not something Christian very much enjoyed. His desk was covered in papers, enough to where you could barely see the wood it was made out of.

Christian's desk was empty of pictures, but small cactus' surrounded his computer and that was about it for decorations. On the wall behind him, sat a few pictures hanging, from the very beige looking walls, along with a bookstand filled to the brim. The rest of the room was relatively bare except the leather chairs in front of his desk and the couch in the corner for when he couldn't make it home. The bottom drawer of his desk had a lock on it, and Christian would forever regret why the drawer was filled in the first place, but let's ignore that for now.

Flipping through the papers in front of him as the recording went, Christian looked at one number in particular. The girl wasn't what he was going for in the beginning, but watching her dance had to be by far the best audition he had seen this time around. Looking down for her identification, it was in the pile of people who hadn't originally been part of his studio, but had good potential. So basically, the potentials pile.

Reading the name at the top, Christian made sure to add her to the list. The only one so far.

Marie Delcourt

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░
this is edited/rewritten

i was going to rewrite the whole story and publish it in a different book to show process but i only need the process for myself, you guys only really need the new story. sorry if this disappointed you, i give up.