nineteen

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

"all we wanted, was a place to feel, like home."

TW: talk of death, not detailed

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

Filling out paperwork was no way to live, but Spencer Reid did it anyways, for without his smarts and his endless ability to do paperwork faster than his teammates, where would he be? After his argument with Christian, the man went back to the jet with tense shoulders and a heavy heart. If he hadn't left all those years ago, none of his would have happened. Now back at the BAU, he was slightly hunched over in his chair.

"Hey pretty boy, you doing alright?" Looking up, said boy only nodded before realizing he should probably speak.

"Yeah, do I not look okay?" That earned him a look from Morgan.

''You've been staring at that page for the last few minutes." Oh. He didn't notice.

"I'm fine, just feeling out of place, and this might be unusual, but I just don't know what to say." Moving to sit on the edge of Spencer's desk, Derek sighed, bringing his now luke-warm coffee to his lips before scrunching his face and throwing it in the trash.

"This have anything to do with a certain dancer?"

"It's just, I didn't think I would have to see him again. Now that I say that, I know I sound ridiculous."

"You don't sound ridiculous, Reid. You sound more like somebody mourning their first love. Which is exactly what you're doing. Y'know Reid, one usually mourns when their chance is fully gone, you still have a chance pretty boy." That earned him a weird look. Was Morgan imagining things?

"I lost my chance when I lost his trust."

"Then gain his trust back."

"It's not that easy Morgan! How can I gain back the trust I lost years ago, it's impossible."

"Spencer, for someone who prides himself on his IQ, sometimes, your IQ can't help. Take away probabilities, percentages, everything. Do you love him?"

Looking down, Reid mumbled, "yes, but that-"

Holding up his hand to silence him, Morgan looked at the empty desks surrounding them.