sixteen*

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

"The truth I have been seeking -- this truth is death. Yet death is also a seeker. Forever seeking me. So -- We have met at last. And I am prepared. I am at peace."

Bruce Lee

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

CHRISTIAN WALKER WOULD SAY the happiest moment of his life was with Spencer Reid. While the most painful, it was when Christian felt the most loved. It felt like the kind of love to last a lifetime and, well, it did. Christian Walker died inside when Spencer Reid left. So, his love lasted a lifetime.

Spencer had left once again. While Christian sat in a field of flowers, Spencer had set fire to the petals on which he lay, and finally, Christian was burning with them. While you burn, you feel excruciating pain, but when you finally leave this earth. Oh, Christian wished he could explain the relief of the aftermath of the fire.

While he had never wished for himself to be scorched by flames, Christian was happy he had not brought Spencer down with him. Love never truly leaves our hearts. Christians love for Spencer would never leave. Spencer would, but the memories of him loving Christian would not.

As he sat in the cafe that had ruined it all, Christian waited. For something, anything, to happen. He just hadn't expected this. When Christian had woken up this morning, he had gotten a message. A message which surprised him, as the number was blocked.

Christian didn't normally respond to blocked messages, but currently, he had no self preservation left. If he died, he died. Maybe then he'd be at peace.
So while he sat tense in his chair, the only thing he was focused on was the burning of the coffee on his hand. Until, the chime rang.

The cafe had always had a bell above the door, while the color of the walls had changed, nothing else had. The bell had gone off when Spencer Reid had walked through the door. A man who Christian thought had already left, but there he stood. In his stupid cardigans, his stupid dress shirt, and his stupid pant on his stupid self. Stupid clothing that looked stupidely good on him.

It was truly unfair. The greetings were awkward after he had sat across from Christian. They had been sitting in uncomfortable silence before Spencer finally spoke. Words Christian had been waiting years for, finally felt blunt and forced.

"I'm sorry." That was all he had to say? That he was sorry? Does he even know what he did? How much Christian had to go through? For once in his life, at this moment, Christian blamed something on somebody other than himself.

Spencer Reid had subjected Christian into a lifetime of pain instead of love. His love had lasted until Christian was dead inside and Spencer had squeezed the last bits of life out of him. Then the suffering had started.

"That's all you have to say? You're sorry? If you wanted to apologize you could've at least sounded sincere. I don't need your apology." Spencer knew that if he had ever made a mistake in his lifetime, it was letting Christian go. While mistakes were made, they could never truly be fixed. You cannot change the past if you want a future. "You know, if you had never left. None of this would have happened. I loved you, Spencer. I had supported you through everything, but once you had a chance to leave and never make contact again, you took it. You ran away. While I can't blame you for the death of the people that I loved, I will forever blame you for the torment you put onto me."

"I wasn't looking to leave Christian. I love-d you. My heart belonged to you, and you crushed it because of Jack. Do you think I wanted to leave you behind? I figured once you finally were able to push your dance company across the world, we would be able to live together once again. I was incorrect and for one time in my life, I was wrong. The mistakes I made cannot be fixed. Okay? I understand that, but you lied to me Christian. What was I meant to do when I came to my favorite cafe just to see the person I love with another man?"

"You talk to me Spencer, that's what you do. You do NOT just get up and run. Then pretend it never happened. You were the love of my life."

Spencer sat on that for a few minutes. It was true, he shouldn't have run. They were both victims to falsehoods and deceit here, and really, they shouldn't have been surprised when these lies led to failure. Their own victimization of themselves would be the reason for their inevitable downfall.

"Maybe you weren't mine. I was happy for once Christian. How do you think it feels to be the kid everybody hated, and could live without, while dating the best person you had ever met? I was scared every second, of every day that you would leave. Leave me. So I left first. You gave me a reason and I took it. I pushed myself to not turn back. I loved you but you cannot classify me as the love of your life when we all know, while you loved me, Marie would have always been above all else. You may not have loved Jack, Christian, but you loved Marie. So, I'm sorry."

Christians look of pure anguish and confusion would forever be engraved into one Spencer Reid's mind as he left the cafe that had started everything. Leaving half of his heart behind, once again.

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

8 more chapters. there is plot holes due to editing, they'll be fixed when i edit the whole thing.

it does go up from here, slightly, and then it goes way up.

all characters in cast list will be more important in these last few chapters

epilogue is for those who do not want to read the sequel.