Chapter 9

It was 9 o'clock in the morning when Yeonjun woke up. Last night he didn't realize when he fell asleep after he came back to his house and immediately locked himself in his room. Events from earlier flooded his mind but he couldn't cry as it was his birthday today and his mother will be worried for him so he decided to keep his smile on his face as long as he is in front of his mother.

He went inside the washroom to take a shower. He opened his T-shirt and saw his reflection in the mirror. He could see his neck and collarbone littered with painful purplish hickies. He turned on the shower and started rubbing his body with a soap. No matter how much he rubbed his body his mind couldn't get rid of Soobin's touches.

"Why did you do this Soobin? Why did things turned this way? I was trying to forget everything then why? Why can't I just move on with my life?

Yeonjun's mind was filled with questions and he had zero answers. Well the only person who could answer those questions was Soobin but after yesterday Soobin was the last person whose face Yeonjun would want to see. Yeonjun showered and went down to greet his mother.

He saw his mother cooking in the kitchen. "Good Morning Eomma you are cooking today?" Yeonjun engulfed his mother in a tight hug. His mother's embrace made him felt safe from all the worries. " Of course I'll cook today it's my son's birthday Happy Birthday Yeonjuniee " Mrs Choi kissed his forehead and gave his blessings.

It was his birthday and he wanted to be happy but he wasn't although for his mother's happiness he smiled and showed that he was very happy. " Thank you Eomma " Yeonjun said. " You are already late for your college so don't go and spend some time with eomma today " Mrs Choi said " Yes Eomma I'll celebrate with you " Yeonjun said smiling. He sat on his chair in the dinning table beside his mother.

His mother cooked his favourite dishes and both of them enjoyed a lot. " I have invited all your friends I know. Is there anyone else you want to invite beside Soobin, Beomgyu and Hyuka? Mrs Choi asked and Yeonjun started coughing. His mother immediately poured a glass of water for him. " Eomma I don't think they can come they are busy with their project works " Yeonjun said taking the glass of water.

" Happy Birthday Yeonjun-ssi and I always have time for you" Soobin said entering the kitchen area with some gift bags in his hand. Yeonjun was shocked to see him in his house. " Thank you " Yeonjun said as his mother was looking at him. " Good morning Aunty sorry I came a bit earlier " Soobin said greeting Mrs Choi. " No problem Soobin it's your friend's birthday and it's your house too son. I have a meeting and I would be going now so you can give company to Yeonjun while I'll be gone " Mrs Choi said looking at them.

As soon as Yeonjun heard he would be alone with Soobin he started getting tensed
" But eomma you said you'll spend time with me today. Why are you going for the meeting? " Yeonjun asked " I know but Soobin is already here and I will come back soon " Mrs Choi said smiling at both of them.

Yeonjun immediately wanted to reject the idea but that would make his mother suspicious. Mrs Choi went to her office after sometime and both of them were alone. " Get lost right now " Yeonjun said pointing at the front gate " What's the hurry baby it's your birthday today let's celebrate together " Soobin said walking towards him.

" What baby huh I'm not your baby you can't call me that and listen stay away don't come any closer " Yeonjun said taking a step backward. " Calm down I won't harm you. I want to say sorry for what I did yesterday and I mean it. I wasn't in my right sense of mind and I regret it. But I won't lie that I was angry and jealous to see you drifting away from my life. I want the old Yeonjun back who was my best friend for whom I was so special " Soobin was looking down and he tears in his eyes.

Yeonjun tried to be cold but he couldn't after all he loved Soobin he had loved him for so long and deep down he knows that he still loves Soobin. Yeonjun took a step forward and wiped off Soobin's tears and hugged him. Soobin wrapped his hands around Yeonjun's waist and nuzzled his face in Yeonjun's neck.They stayed in that position until Yeonjun felt Soobin slowly kissing his neck. He moved back and the situation was getting awkward between them.

" I don't know if we can ever go back to become best friends after whatever happened between us but I can give you a chance to rekindle our friendship. But please don't touch me like that and don't cross the line of friendship. I want to forget whatever happened as a nightmare and I want you to forget it too " Yeonjun said looking into Soobin's eyes.

" Thank you for giving me this chance " Soobin said smiling and took out the boxes out of the gift bags and gave it to Yeonjun " This is for you I hope you like my birthday present for you " Soobin said. " Thank you I'll open them later " Yeonjun said taking the gift bags from Soobin's hand.

Yeonjun wasn't sure if the idea of giving a second chance to Soobin was right or wrong. But he was sure about the fact that he couldn't see tears in Soobin's eyes. He felt like a stupid for still loving him so much.

***

What will Soobin do to rekindle their friendship?
Chapter 10 soon.
Thanks!