𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚

TW: verbal and physical abuse

The sky was cloudy, the wind was blowing, and was howling in your ears. You walk down the street after a fight with your boyfriend that got violent. Your boots clink against the ground as you walk on the sidewalk. It was cold. You were bundled up in your coat, your arms wrapped around each other close to your chest. Thunder strikes from above you then momentarily it starts pouring rain. "Ugh!", you shout as you look up at the sky. You run into the nearest store, which just so happened to be a bar.

You pulled open the door as the wind howled behind you. You stepped inside, wiping your feet on the mat. A blonde woman from behind the counter was arguing with a brunette sitting on a barstool. The blonde looked up from the counter meeting eyes with you. The brunette turned around and did the same. The blonde smiled at you as you wiped your nose. "Can I get you something?", she asks as you walk over, sitting 2 barstools away from the brunette. "I really could go for some tequila, maybe vodka," you say. "Can I check your ID?", asks the blonde. "For her age or for her address?" chimes in the brunette as she takes a gulp of her wine and turns away. You blush. "For your age," says the blonde giving the brunette a side eye. You chuckle, "Well you see," you begin, "Well um.." The blonde looks at you unimpressed. You awkwardly laugh and sigh. "I'm usually really good at this, but today has been a bad day," you say brushing the hair out of your face. "I'm 19," you say, "And would really appreciate staying inside this bar, not in the hurricane outside." The blonde and brunette share smiles and then begin laughing. "Please say you won't kick me out," you say groaning and placing your face into your palms. "No, we won't," says the blonde laughing. "Can I at least get a name?", she asks. You lift your head up, "Y/n, y/n y/l/n," you say smiling.

"Can I at least get a water, or something," you ask her, giving her a sad look. She smirks at you as she grabs a glass and fills it up with water. You sit there sipping your water as the brunette and blonde continue their conversation. Your phone suddenly blows up with text messages. The two others stop their conversation as they look at you. You nervously laugh and grab your phone from your pocket. "Fuck," you say. "What's going on, y/n?", asks the blonde. "N-Nothing," you say locking your phone and placing it back into your pocket. You let out a sigh and place your hand on your head. "What's your name?", you ask, tilting your gaze to the blonde. The blonde smiles at you. "It's Lou, Lou Miller, and this is my good friend Debbie Ocean." The brunette smiles and waves at you. "Do you know anywhere I could possibly stay," you ask Lou. "Things kinda got bad at my apartment and I just need to know a cheap, nearby motel." Debbie turns to you and smiles. "There's actually one right down the street," but she's cut off by Lou. "You can stay with us," she says motioning to Debbie. Debbie turns to Lou and widens her eyes. "Are you sure?", you ask Lou. "Of course, y/n. Unless you think we're serial killers or criminals," she says with a laugh. "Well, I can't say that I do think that," you say laughing taking the last sip of your water. "I'm going to go grab some stuff from my apartment," you say smiling at Lou. "Thanks for letting me have a place to stay." You walk out the bar and walk back to your apartment in the pouring rain.

You walk down the hall in your apartment building, and walk to your door. You stand in front of it hesitantly and then open the door. You take a deep breath in to see your boyfriend sitting on the couch. "Where were you, y/n?", he shouts at you as he stands up and walks towards you. "I-I just needed some fresh air," you say walking away from him into the bedroom. You grab the nearest suitcase. "What did you do when you were out," he says walking into the bedroom. You start shoving all your clothes into the suitcase. He walks up behind you, grabs you and turns you around. "Did you cheat on me," he says staring into your eyes. You just stare at him tearing up. "Did you cheat on me," he says screaming in your face. "No! No! I didn't cheat on you," you say pulling away, now crying. "Liar," he spits and strikes you in your face. You fall over onto the floor from the force. You stand up holding your face. You zip up the suitcase and shove past him, dragging the bag behind you. "Where are you going?" he shouts after you. "I'm leaving. We're done," you say as you open the front door and walk out. "You're nothing without me!", he screams after you. "You won't make it by yourself!"

You walk back to the bar to find Lou and Debbie arguing again. You wipe your tears as you stand there. "Sorry," you say sniffling, "Bad time." You turn around and open the door and walk out. You sit in front of the bar underneath the overhang so you wouldn't get wet. You hear the door open and close. "Y/n," you hear Lou say softly. "Hey," you say sniffling and wiping your tears. Lou comes over and sits next to you. You have your head turned towards the street. "I love rainy days," you say slightly smiling. Lou turns to look at you. She gently grabs your face and tilts it towards herself. "You're bleeding," she says frowning as she lets go of your face. "Where?", you ask touching your face. "On your lip," she says, "Who did this to you?", she asks angrily. "I," you try to say but your voice cracks and begin to cry. Lou pulls you into a hug. "M-My boyfriend," you say while holding on tightly to Lou. She pulls you off. Your faces now looking at each other. "That will never happen again," she says holding your shoulders firmly. "You are never going back there, do you hear?", she says. You nod and hug her again. "Thank you," you say softly into her ear as she pulls you tighter.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

A.N : This is my first book so please leave me some suggestions/ideas/tips down below if you're up to it! In later on chapters, there will be mentions of self h*rm, suicidal thoughts/tendencies, and verbal/physical abuse. Also major age gaps between Lou Miller x Reader. :)