𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

After hours on the rooftop of the house, and a whole container of nutella shared with Rose, you began to grow tired. You let out a small yawn in the brief moment of silence you and Rose were having. "Are you tired?", she asks turning to you. "Nope," you lied through your teeth. "Just a little cold," you admitted. Rose gives you a side eye and a small smile. She reaches out her arms and you just collapsed in them. You rested your head on her lap. "Out of all the experiences in my life, this far has to be the wildest one," you say as you look out at the city lights. "What do you mean by that?", asks Rose looking down at you. You look up at her, smirking. "Out of all the people I've met in my life, I've never felt closer to anyone but you guys." Rose let a beautiful smile come across her face. "It's odd y/n, but I feel the same exact way." You return a smile to Rose, and continue glancing at the beaming lights of New York City. 

"Just open the door," a voice called in the silence. You kept your eyes closed but you were waking up. "How do you mean?" That voice was definitely Roses'. "Just open the door, I need to get her in bed." That was Lou. You finally began to feel what was going on. You were in Lou's arms, like a baby. Your head was rested gently on her chest. "She's probably got a cold or the flu!", says Tammy from downstairs. You gently open your eyes and look up at Lou. "Mornin'," you groggily say with a smile. "Good morning babe," says Lou smiling down at you. "Oh, she's awake!", shouts Rose from inside your bedroom. She walks towards you and Lou. "I told you that you were tired," she says unimpressed. "You fell asleep and Lou attempted to carry you into your room," she says rolling her eyes at Lou. "The only reason it was unsuccessful was because of your door opening abilities," Lou teased back. "Yeah yeah," Rose said moving her hands erratically about. "Let's get you into bed," Lou says to you, walking into your bedroom and gingerly placing you onto your bed. She kisses the top of your head and pulls the covers over you. She walks to the light switch and turns it off. "Are you gonna stay with me?", you ask raspily. "I would but ..", Lou begins. "She can't because you'll get her sick, and then it'll spread," finishes Tammy from downstairs. You groan and let out an aggravated "Ugh!". Lou smiles at you from the doorframe. "I'm sorry doll, you know I would stay if I could." You cover your eyes and pretend to cry. "Don't get fooled," shouts Tammy from downstairs. Lou sighs and walks away. You let a long sigh and close your eyes. "So how was your day today?", asks Lou. You open your eyes and turn to the doorframe. Lou had set up pillows and blankets at the door. She was sitting on top of the makeshift bed. You sit up and smile at her. You and Lou talked for hours, until you weren't able to keep your eyes open anymore.

"Feel her forehead." Someone lets out a huff of air. "Why does it have to be me? Why can't Debbie do it?" Why do you keep on waking up like this? "Because, Lou, you're dating her. If anyone should get sick, it's you." Lou lets out an airy scoff. "Wow, feed me to the alligators why don't you. Vote me off the island." You felt someone sit at the end of the bed. "Be quiet, you're going to wake her up," says Tammy shushing everyone. "Too late, I'm already awake," you say opening your eyes and sitting up. "See," says Lou throwing her hands into the air. "I told you we should've just asked her how she was feeling." Tammy rolls her eyes. "But if she is sick, she's going to need her rest and I didn't want to bother that." Lou rolls her eyes back at Tammy. "She does have a point ..", begins Rose. "Don't say anything Rose, it's your fault that she might be sick in the first place," shoots Tammy. Rose widen her eyes and shuts her mouth, shrugging at you. "So y/n," says Debbie over the bickering, "How are you feeling?" You take a look around at everything around you. Lou was sitting at the foot of your bed, crossing her arms. Rose was sitting at the desk chair next to your bed. Debbie and Tammy were standing next to you. Tammy holding a thermometer and a glass of water. You give them a weak smile. "I'm feeling great," you lie. Tammy suddenly sticks a thermometer in your mouth. "This isn't necessary," you begin to protest but you are interrupted by the beeping of the thermometer sticking out of your mouth. Tammy grabs it before you're able too, and reads it out loud. "102.4," she says eyeing you. "Really?", Debbie shouts taking several steps away from you. You start to cough, causing everyone to back up slightly. "Sorry, it's a frog in my throat," you say hitting your chest. "No that's a cold," Tammy says holding her hand above her mouth and nose. "Agreed," says Debbie. They both leave the room. Rose looks at you sympathetically and nods her head. "Sorry," she mouths to you, leaving the room with Tammy and Rose. You switch your attention to Lou. "My hands are tied," says Lou recognizing the look you had. "Even if I tried to help you, I would get shoved off a cliff first." You let out a weak laugh. "Get some sleep okay," she says switching the tone of the conversation. "I'm sorry for waking you up," she apologizes. "It's okay," you say fighting to keep your heavy eyelids open. "I love you," you say as she opens the door. "I love you too," she says smiling at you. "In sickness and in health," you joke, sounding very congested. Lou laughs at your joke and points at you. "Sleep," she says closing the door behind herself.

You end up sleeping for an hour and a half. You were told to quarantine in your room, so that's what you did. You lived in your room for another 2 hours. At the very end of that time frame, you decided to pull out a good book and catch up on some reading. A light knock interrupted this little moment. "Come in," you say, blowing your nose. Lou opened the door, bringing in a tray with a bowl on it. "Tammy made you some chicken noodle soup," Lou says walking in. You toss the tissue in the trash. "Thank you," you say. Lou places the tray next to you. "I can't deal with this any longer," she says sitting on your bed, grabbing the bowl of soup. "What are you doing?", you ask, shocked. "I can't quarantine from you," she says. "If I'm going to be sick, then I'm going to be sick with you." You give Lou a big smile. "Now, let me help you enjoy this soup." Lou takes the spoon off the tray and begins feeding you the soup. "How does it taste?", asks Lou after 4 or 5 spoonfuls of soup. "I would say it tastes amazing, because Tammy made it, but I can't really taste anything." Lou smiles at you. "I can't wait to be sick with you."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

a.n - heyy long time, no update! sorry about that, school started and i just wasn't able to sit dow and really focus on writing another chapter. it's just been so hectic. but i finally found a small window of time to finally sit down and write! so here you go. i don't know what else to write about, at this point, so if you have any suggestions/ideas, please share them with me. i'm super desperate! i'm going to try and get on a consistent updating schedule, so there will be a promised chapter in no later than a week. stay safe & healthy!
love, v xo