𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

Tammy escorted you out of the cafe and to her parked car. She opened the backseat car door and you hopped in. You buckled the seatbelt over your lap and looked at the passenger seat in front of you. You could see Rose's messy blonde bun poking over the top of the seat. You leaned into the window to your right. The window was warm from the sunlight. You closed your eyes as the car started to move.

"Y/n?" A warm hand gently brushes the strands of hair out of your face. You open your eyes, rubbing them to meet the gaze of Tammy. You let out a yawn and looking around. You were still the car. "Here," she says smiling and reaching over to unbuckle you. You sit up, mumbling a soft "Thank you." She's now leaning against the open door. The sun is starting to set from behind her. "How long have I been asleep?", you question, worried. "For about 2 hours," she says looking at your sleepy eyes. You nod. "Scootch over," she says nudging you to the seat next to you. She pops in the car, turning to you, leaving the car door open. "Are you ready to talk?", she asks. You shake your head. You weren't ready, you didn't want to talk about it. You had already promised Lou you wouldn't do it anymore. A small moment of comfortable silence falls over the both of you. "I'm sorry I didn't wake you," she says breaking the comfortable silence. You look over at her. "You looked so peaceful .. you were also snoring so you must've been tired." Your eyes widen. "I was snoring?", you ask. Tammy nods her head. "Oh my god!", you exclaim, obviously embarrassed. "It wasn't that loud," Tammy says trying to make you feel a bit better. You laugh. You pull back your sleeve. Tammy stares at your arm. "I did these, a while ago. I was a teenager who was going through a lot with foster families and school," you explain to Tammy. "I did some when I was with my ex, but I haven't for about 2 weeks." She stares at your arm then back up to you. Her eyes glimmering with tears. "I promised Lou I wouldn't do it anymore --" you begin, trying to relieve her stress. "Promise me," she says. "What?", you ask, a little surprised. "Promise me you won't hurt yourself," she reiterates. "I promise." Tammy pulls you in for a hug. "I'm sorry that Rose sprang it on you," Tammy says to your neck, then pulls away. "I told her to lay it gently." You let out a giggle then cover your mouth with your hand. "It's fine, really. I'm just so tired of dwelling on the past. Dwelling on people and things that hurt me," you say looking at the sun setting behind the trees. "I completely understand," says Tammy. "I won't bring it up again, but if you ever feel like doing it .. I'm right here." You smile at her. "I don't deserve you," you say quietly. "Oh but you do! Y/n! You deserve the world -- the whole universe!", she exclaims with her hands. You laugh at her hand expressions. Your laughter made Tammy begin laughing with you. "Come on, let's go inside. It's getting cold," Tammy says after the laughter died down. 

You walk in the front door of the house, meeting eye contact with Rose, who was sitting on the couch fiddling with her fingers. She looks up at the sound of the door closing behind you and Tammy. "Y/n!", she exclaims, jumping up from the couch. "I'm so sorry, dear. I didn't mean to frighten you or scare you or --". You cut her off with a hug. "It's completely fine, Rose. I talked it over with Tammy, and everything is okay. I won't do it anymore," you gently say. "Aww!", she exclaims leaning into your hug, then pulling away. "I'm so glad," she says pinching your cheeks. You laugh at this. "Where's Lou?", you ask scanning the house. "She just got back from her errands," says Rose rubbing your knuckles. "She sat in the car, watching you sleep for a while. Then she came in and I think she's in her room." You smile and run up the stairs to Lou's door. You stand in front of it for a second, taking deep breaths, then you finally gingerly knock. "Lou?", you whisper into the door. Suddenly, someone picks you up from behind, lifting you up into the air. "Ah!", you scream out, turning to face the person. It was Lou. "Lou!", you shout as she beams a smile at you. "Priceless!", she shouts dropping you down. "What?", you ask, catching your breath. "Your face .. it was priceless." You playfully hit her shoulder. "Did you have a fun day?", she asks you. "A very fun day," you reply. "It would've been a lot more fun with you, though." You smile at Lou, turning pink. "It probably would've," she agrees with a smirk. You laugh. She grabs your cheeks and pulls you in, passionately kissing you. "Wow, Miss. Miller," you say in between breaths, "I've missed you!" She stops kissing you and pulls about an inch away from your face. "Do you want to see something?", she asks, smiling at you. "Sure," you say. Without warning, Lou picks you up and swings you over her shoulder. "Hey! Woah! I did not sign up for this!", you shout as she begins walking down the hallway. She lets out a chuckle as you helplessly flail about. She takes you up to the roof where she gently places you down. You open your mouth to reprimand Lou, but you are overwhelmed by the sight in front of you.

It was now pitch black outside, a crescent moon hanging above your heads provided some light, but the fairy lights hanging from the poles on top of the roof provided nearly all of the light. In the middle of the roof, there was a small table with 2 chairs pulled up to it. The table had a white table cloth on it, along with a single lit candle. A champagne bottle was next to the candle, and next to the candle there were two champagne glasses. You stood up from the ground, your jaw still dropped. "What do you think?", Lou asks. "It's -- It's beautiful," you manage to spit out. She smiles at you and takes your hand, leading you to the table. She sits you down at the chair and pushes you in. She then goes to the other chair and sits across from you. "What have you done for me, Lou Miller?", you ask her, your facial expression now changing to a happy smile. "What you deserved from the beginning," she says returning your smile. "And what's that?", you ask. "A proper date," she says grabbing the champagne bottle. "Lou, you didn't have too --" you're interrupted by Lou popping the cork on the bottle. "Woo!", she yells. You let out a laugh as the champagne spills all over the floor and her hands. She takes the glasses and fills them up evenly, handing one to you. She's now facing you, her piercing blue eyes staring intently into y/e/c eyes. "Cheers," she says, tapping her champagne glass against yours. "Cheers," you repeat to her with a smile.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

an - ahhh! thank you all so much for 500+ reads! this means the world to me <3
i randomly got the urge to write, so here you go! hope you're having a good day!