𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

Sunshine hits your eyelids, making you groggily open your eyes. You and Lou were wrapped around each other. Her hand laying softly over your waist. "Good morning, sunshine," says Lou, looking down at you. You turn over, smiling. "Morning, Ms. Miller," you say yawning. Lou kisses your forehead and stands up. She walks over to collect her clothes off the floor. You go grab some clean clothes out of your dresser. You pull on a pair of sweatpants and a baggy hoodie. You felt hands on your waist, pulling you closer. You let your body move with Lou's demand. She kisses your neck as you laugh. "I love you," she whispers into your ear. You flip yourself over, looking into Lou's eyes. "I love you," you respond, giving her a passionate kiss. "Breakfast!", you hear Tammy yell from downstairs. You smile at Lou, pulling away. "I'm starved," you say. "I'm not surprised," jokes Lou. You smile and stick your tongue out at her as you open your door and walk downstairs.

 "Good morning, y/n!", Tammy exclaims to you as you walk into the kitchen. "Morning," you say smiling at her. No one was at the table yet. You grab a coffee mug and pour yourself a cup of coffee. You add some milk and a bit of creamer, then sit at the island. "Our group doesn't really eat breakfast," says Tammy with her back to you, cooking some bacon. "Not morning people," she says placing the piece of bacon on a plate with paper towels on it. "I wish I wasn't a morning person," you say jokingly. "I prefer to sleep in, but once I'm awake I can't go back to bed," you sigh, taking a gulp of coffee. "Here you go, sweetie," says Tammy handing you a plate of fruit, eggs, toast, and bacon. You smile at her. "Thank you, Tammy!" She made herself a plate and sat next to you. "Your lip looks better," she smiles pointing at your lip. "It doesn't hurt anymore," you add. Tammy smiles at you while you shovel the fruit into your mouth. You turn to her, your mouth full of fruit. "What?", you ask with your mouth full. You chew up the fruit and swallow. You laugh at yourself. "What is it?", you ask Tammy. "I wish," she said sighing, "I wish you would talk to me. I'm here, y/n. I'm in your corner, always." You place your fork down, feeling bad about how distant you've been with Tammy. You knew she cared about you, but not this much. "Okay, lets talk," you say smiling at her. Tammy smiles and wraps a hand around your shoulders, squeezing you closer to herself. "Not here, though," she says standing up. "Oh?", you ask standing up with her. "Let's go for a little drive," she says with a wink. You smile at Tammy as you both head out the front door and into Tammy's minivan. 

She drove you down the beach. She grabbed a sheet from the back of her car, folding it into her hands. She closed the door and motioned for you to follow her. It was the middle of autumn, it was cold, no one was at the beach. You followed her up to the shore. She placed down the sheet facing the ocean. You both plop down on the sheet, staring at the ocean. The fresh breeze hitting your faces. You smile, breathing in the air and the ocean mist. "I love the beach," you say breaking the silence. You turn to look at Tammy. She's looking out into the ocean too. "Me too," she says moments after, turning to look at you. You smile at her. "I'm sorry for not being more open to you, Tammy --" you begin to blurt. She smiles and laughs. "Don't apologize, sweetie. I get it, I don't like opening up much either." You feel a little bit more comforted. "Still, I shouldn't have been so cold to you," you say looking down. Tammy picks up your chin so you're now looking at her. "It's okay, y/n." You wrap your arms around Tammy. Nineball was right, you are really family. "Are you willing to be open with me now?", asks Tammy from behind you. You nod and let go of her. "Okay," she says inhaling. "Let's talk about your lip. It wasn't the door, so what was it?", she asks you. You take a deep breath. "It was my boyfriend.", you answer honestly. Her eyes widen. "He did that to you?", she asks you, shocked. You nod. "Next question?", you ask her, wanting to move on from the subject of your abusive ex boyfriend. "How about your family?" You begin to laugh. "Which one?", you ask. "All of them," responds Tammy. "I was with a lot of families," you explain. "Each one took something from me. Eventually I was too old to be in the system, so I got a job and moved in with my boyfriend." Tammy rubs your back. "Oh honey, I'm so sorry. Where were you before?" You took another breath. "I was living in my car." Tammy didn't know what to say or to do, she just pulled you in once more for a warm and loving hug. "I .. I don't know what to do anymore, Tammy," you say into her shoulder, your voice was cracking, a lump growing in the back of your throat. Tammy pulls away from you, grabbing firmly onto your shoulders, looking you straight into the eye, "I'm so proud of you, y/n. I'm here, I'm not going to let anything or anyone hurt you. We'll figure it out as we go, okay?" You nod as she wipes the tears from your cheeks. "Thank you," you mumble. You both look away from each other and at the view in front of you. Tammy wraps her arm around your waist, pulling you in. You rest your head on Tammy's shoulder. "I can't really thank you enough, Tammy." You say smiling up at her. She laughs. "I know honey, I know."

You and Tammy sat on the beach, looking at the waves rising and falling, for an hour or so. Tammy popped up, brushing the blonde strands of hair out of her face. "Ready to go, love?", she asks you with a smile. You pop up too, smiling at Tammy. "Yup!" Tammy grabs the sheet and tries folding it by herself. "Let me help," you say taking the end of the sheet and folding them along with Tammy's motions. You both walk back to the car, sharing stories and laughing at them. Tammy throws the sheet in the backseat of the car. You open the door and sit down. You slam the door closed behind yourself, and buckle into the seat. You look up, noticing that Tammy did the same. "Are you buckled in?", she asks. You nod. "Perfect!", she says switching the car into drive and backing out of the parking space. She drives you back to home, parking in front of it. You unbuckle and go to open the car door. "Don't get out yet honey, we're just picking up Rose," Tammy tells you with a smile. "Oh," you say buckling back in. "Where are we going?", you ask turning to Tammy. "We're going to go out to eat."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰