𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

You and Rose walk down the busy New York streets, laughing and talking about your lives and such. The rain scented the air, making it smell and taste fresh. After the short walk, you arrived at a cute little shop. You opened the big glass doors for Rose, closing your umbrella. "Thank you," she says with a little nod. You smile at her and follow behind her. She takes a pair of glasses out of her pockets, placing them on her nose. "Ah, better," she says looking at the menu. "Do you know what you want, darling?", she asks you. "I'm not quite sure," you say with a little chuckle. "Well, do you want to stay here and drink them or leave and drink them on a walk?" You turn to her, "Can we walk some more? I really enjoy talking with you," you say with a slight smile. You were embarrassed to be confessing this to Rose. "Of course," she says noticing your hesitation. She rubs your back, giving you a wink. "I'm going to get a black tea," she informs you. You continue looking at the menu. "I think I'm going to get ..", you let out a small exhale, "A green tea." You turn and smile at Rose. "Okay, perfect!", she says walking over to the cashier. You walk next to her, she had already told the cashier the order. She pulls her wallet out of her pocket. "That'll be $8.43," the cashier says tapping on the register. "It's okay," you say pulling out your own wallet. Rose turns to you. "My treat," she says sternly. "My treat," you say slipping the cashier your card. Rose rolls her eyes at you. "Stubborn, just like Lou," she says sticking her tounge out jokingly. You do the same thing back at her, tipping the worker $3. You both get your teas and walk outside, opening your umbrellas. You both begin walking down the wet sidewalk, towards the house.

"So, foster kid with trust and mental health issues?", Rose randomly says on this walk. You let out a laugh. "Yeah, I guess that's about it," you say, smiling. Rose laughs with you for a bit, then grows quiet. She looks worried. "The world is shitty," you begin to say. "It's shitty and it sucks, and sometimes you need an escape. Someway to cope with all of it, my coping mechanism was cutting. Sometimes it could be pill popping, drugs, alcohol, arson for anyone else." Rose grabs your hand and squeezes it. "I'm so sorry," she says while tightening her grip. "It's okay," you say squeezing her hand back. "It won't happen again, I promise.", Rose says stopping on the sidewalk. You give her a slight smile. Rose sighs and pulls you in for a warm hug. She lets go of you after a while. You smile at her, teary eyed. She rubs your shoulder and holds your hand, and begins to walk down the street. Your hand firmly being held in her hand.

After about a 25 minute walk, you both arrived back at the house. You and Rose close your umbrellas on the front porch and walk into the house. "I'm going to go to the bathroom really quickly," you say running to the bathroom on the main floor. You open up the door and go inside. You close the door and walk over to the mirror. You stare into for a minute, going over all your flaws over and over again. You look down at the sink, where your hands were firmly holding onto. You noticed a pill bottle next the soap. You shakily take the pill bottle and remember when you used to pop pills to kill the pain. You put it down and look back into the mirror. You stare yourself down and burst into tears. You felt so ugly and so awful. There is a light tap at the door. "Y/n, sweetie?", says Tammy from the other side of the door. You wipe your tears and take a deep breath. "One second," you shout back. You flush the toilet and turn on the sink. You look at yourself in the mirror again, noticing your eyes and nose were red. It happens when you cry. You turn off the sink and open the door. You fix your coat and walk into the living room. You see Tammy and Rose talking on the couch. "Hey," says Tammy gently when she sees you walk in. "Hey," you quietly respond back to her. "Come sit," she says patting the couch cushion next to her. "I think I'm going to go up to my room for a bit," you say pointing to the stairs. Tammy and Rose could tell that something was wrong. They heard it in your voice and they saw it in your face. "Please come sit down with us darling," says Rose standing up and leading you to the couch. You didn't feel up to protesting, so you just gave into Rose's gentle pulls. You sit down next to Tammy. "What's up?", you ask brushing your hair out of your face. "We ..," Tammy begins. "We heard you crying in the bathroom.", finishes Rose. You now realize why they were acting so strange. "I just had a moment," you say. "I'm okay." You give a fake smile. "Sweetie, I know you just met us, and we just met you, but we can tell when you're not okay," Tammy says. "And you are most definitely not okay," Rose adds. You sigh and nod. There really was no hiding from these women. "Talk to us, dear.", says Rose giving you a slight smile. "I just .. got overwhelmed I guess," you say with a shrug. "I'm okay now." Tammy opened her mouth in attempt to protest, but Rose interrupted her. "Come with me, y/n." She stands up and walks up the stairs. You turn to Tammy, who just shrugs, and follow Rose up the stairs. "Wait here," she says going into her room. A couple seconds later she walks out of her room and goes up to the rooftop. "What are we doing up here?", you ask Rose. You were behind her so you couldn't see what she was holding. She finds a ledge to sit under that was safe from the rain. You sit next to her. "What are we doing up here?" The rain hadn't died down, it was still loud, foggy, and cold. Rose pulls a blanket from her arm, putting it over you both. She then grabs a big jar of Nutella and hands you a spoon. You take the spoon, confused. "This is what I do when I'm upset or need to think," she says, opening the jar and sticking her spoon inside. You take your spoon and put it in the jar, taking a small amount on your spoon. You eat it. "Wow. I forgot what Nutella tastes like," you say. "Delicious, right?", asks Rose chuckling to herself. "Mhm," you say. "Now, that I've shared my secret to being mentally capable, tell me what's wrong." You laugh and sigh, looking out at the rooftop. "I look into the mirror and see someone that I don't like. I don't look the way I want, I'm just .. ugly and fat.", you sigh, taking a bigger spoonful of Nutella. "I might seem like I'm a crazy blonde Irish nutjob, but I can promise you this; you are gorgeous. Absolutely stunning, and I know that when you look into the mirror, we see our flaws, but never our strengths. Sometimes we see our strengths as flaws. You are beautiful, y/n. You aren't ugly and you most definitely aren't fat." Rose looks over to you. Tears streaming down your face. "Oh honey, I'm sorry," she begins apologizing thinking she hurt you. You shake your head and lean on Rose's shoulder. "Thank you," you whisper. Rose kisses the top of your head. "You believe me, right?", she asks. "I know you would never lie to me, but I also can't see me being attractive. So I believe you, but I also can't believe you," you say. "Okay," she says running her fingers through your hair. "I'll just have to ingrave it into your pretty head until you do believe me." You begin to laugh. "You're the best Rose," you say sitting up and hugging her. She's like the older sister you never had but always wanted.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

a.n - hey there lovely people. sorry i've not been consistent on updating. i've been really struggling recently, so this chapter was kinda based off what's been going on in my life right now.  but i'll try to update this more frequently! thanks for your patience. much love <3