𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

T.W : mentions of self harm

After about 10 minutes of silent waiting in Tammy's car, Rose came rushing out from the house. Her curly blonde hair in a messy bun on the top of her hair. She began waving frantically as if you were going to leave without her. She ran over to the car, opening the backseat, and pushing herself in. She slammed the car door behind herself. "I'm so sorry that took so long," she said out of breath, buckling herself in. "It's fine," you say reassuring her. Tammy looked over at you, smiling and shaking her head. "Are we ready to go?", Tammy asks looking the rear view mirror at Rose. "Yes of course," says Rose flinging her hands about. You let out a little giggle. Tammy begins driving down the main street, turning her head occasionally to give you a smile. The car stopped at a little cafe down the way. You, Tammy, and Rose all got out of the car and began walking to the front door of the cafe. Tammy threw her hand up in the air, pushing a button her keys, making her car let out a beep. You three walked into the cafe and were shown to a table in the outside area. You take a seat next to Rose, looking at Tammy. Rose grabbed your hand and squeezed it, smiling at you. You smile back at her. In that moment, you felt like the luckiest person in the world. You were around people who actually wanted you there - people who treated you right. You didn't realize how long you were staring into Roses' eyes while thinking about your luck. You began to tear up. "Are you okay, love?", Rose asks you, breaking you out of your trance. "Yes, yes," you begin sputtering, embarrassed. She gives you a sideways glance. It was apparent that she didn't believe you. You smile at her and turn to Tammy. "Thank you for taking me out," you say, now directing your smile at Tammy. She smiles at you. "I would do it all the time," she began saying. Her compliment pulling at your heart strings. The waiter interrupted the sweet moment by handing you all menus. "Thanks," you say to the waiter, opening it. "You can have anything you want," says Tammy, sneaking a smile at you from the top of the menu. "I'm treating." You place your menu on the table. "You don't have to, Tammy," you began protesting. "But I would like to," she says. "Tammy --" you started. "Nope!", she said covering her ears, now laughing. "I'm treating!", she practically shouts. You and Rose exchange surprised glances, that turned into laughter. Tammy pulls her hands down from her ears. "I felt like I was super loud," she whispered, leaning into the table. "Don't worry," says Rose, "It wasn't that loud." You look at her, noticing how hard she was trying to contain her laughter. 

Conversations arose between the three of you. You ended up ordering green tea and a muffin. You didn't have much of an appetite, Tammy and Rose didn't let it go unnoticed. Tammy ordered an ice coffee and a vegetable wrap. Rose ordered a double shot espresso, then some black tea, and then a muffin like you had. "Thank you, again, Tammy," you said smiling at the blonde. "Oh honey, stop thanking me! I told you it was no problem," she reassured you. You gave her a smile. "So, y/n, we wanted to talk to you about something," says Rose breaking the silence. "Alright!", you say, taking a sip of tea. "We've noticed how distant you've been," Rose begins, her thick Irish accent ringing in your ears. You placed down your cup and glanced nervously at Tammy. "We want you to know, that we are here for you," Rose continues. "I know you are," you awkwardly chuckle. "Is there anything you'd like to share with us?", asks Tammy. "I shared with you at the beach," you reply, trying to make this conversation go a little bit faster. The nervousness was building in the back of your throat, creating a rather large lump. "Honey --", Tammy begins. Rose suddenly reaches over, gently lifting your sleeve, revealing the array of cuts on your wrist. You pull your arm back, rolling down your sleeves. "Y/n," begins Rose. You couldn't do it. You couldn't talk about this. You didn't want to make excuses for yourself. You jump out of your seat and run. "Wait!", you hear Tammy yell from behind you. 

You run into the cafe and notice the bathroom sign hanging against the wall. You run in the direction the sign was pointing, opening the bathroom door and closing it behind yourself. You go into a stall and sit down. Tears began flooding your eyes, rolling down your cheeks. You didn't want to make anyone mad or disappointed in you -- you just needed to breathe. You roll down your sleeve, looking at the cuts on your wrist. A light knock came from the other side of the stall door. "Honey? Are you alright?", asks a concerned Tammy. You stand up and open the stall door. Tammy looks at your tear stained face. "Sweetie ..", she begins to say, but you don't let her finish her sentence. You pull her into a hug. "I'm so sorry," you whisper. She runs her fingers through your hair. "Shush," she soothes. "You're okay. I'm here, we're here." You pull away and wipe your tears. "Let's go home," she says giving you a slight smile. "We can talk about this later."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

a.n - i'm sorry how short this chapter is! i'm currently on vacation and felt bad for not updating this story. i'll try to update as soon as possible! stay safe & healthy <3