Chapter 8

Another day had passed. I arrived at the hospital at 7am bright and early. The sun was poking out of the clouds but the wind was violent. I got to Natalie's room and sat down in the chair. I started thinking about the past week and before I knew it I was out cold.

Natalie's POV:

My eyes opened and I could see. I didn't know how much time had past since I was up last. I looked around the room and saw Liam sleeping silently in the chair. I tried not to wake him because I could tell by his daily visits that he wasn't sleeping much. I pushed the call button and soon enough the doctor appeared. "Shh" I pointed in Liam's direction, "he's sleeping. Please don't wake him" I asked politely.

"Of course. We're going to take you into the other room and see how well you can eat on your own" the doctor said. They helped me into a wheelchair and rolled me into the room next door.

They placed a plate of food in front of me. "Okay now go ahead and eat." He commanded.

I grabbed the fork and stabbed the eggs with it. I started scarfing down the food. It tasted so good. When I was almost done with the plate my stomach started to feel weird. And with one heave the food came back up.

"Sorry" I apologized.

"No it's okay, this is what I was afraid of though. Your brain has quite processed the fact that it's okay for you to eat food" he told me.

"If you're still awake in a few hours we'll try again." He said. The nurse came and took me back to the room.

I glanced at the clock and another hour had passed. Liam was still asleep but I was bored. I took one of the pillows on the bed and threw it at him. It fell short at his feet, but it was enough to wake him.

"Huh? What?" His raspy voice rang out.

"Liam, I'm bored" I replied.

"Am I dreaming?" He asked his eyes still closed.

"No silly, I'm awake and right here!"

He opened his eyes and looked surprised to see me.

"Natalie how long have you been awake? Do we need to call the doctor?"

"No he knows I'm awake. I've been awake for three hours." I replied.

"And you didn't think to wake me? What if you had..." He trailed off, but I knew exactly what he was thinking. "Well I'm here now. That's all that matters. I could tell you needed your sleep. You've been so selfless with me, spending everyday here. So I decided I needed to let you sleep." I replied.

He walked over to my bed.

"Well I'm glad your here now." He said placing a kiss on my forehead. His warm lips against my forehead felt so good, so right. I closed my eyes and placed my lips on his. They lingered there for a while until he pulled me to a hug. It had been so long since we last kissed. It felt like in that moment we froze in time. I wish we were. So I could just be with him. "I love you, Liam." I whispered in his ear.

"I love you too Natalie."

"Will you come lay with me?" I asked scooting over and patting the bed.

"Of course, you don't have to ask twice." He said with that perfect smile on his face.

"I'm happy to see you smiling!" I told him. "I'm sure it's been tough on you."

"Yeah it has, but it's worth it." He said pulling me to him. I rested my head on his chest. My head rising with each steady breath he took. I tilted my head and saw that he was already fast asleep.

***

"Natalie?"

"Yeah" I replied opening my eyes. I looked up to see the doctor and my mom standing in front of me. I felt my hand in Liam's. I peered over to see him still laying on the bed asleep.

"Well this is a great sign!" The doctor exclaimed.

"What is?" My mum asked.

"We were monitoring her and she fell asleep about two hours ago. And we woke her up and she responded." He answered my mum acting like I wasn't even here.

"That great!" My mom said tears welling up in her eyes. "I'm so happy."

"It looks like your a survivor Natalie. And now you'll have to put up a fight down the road to recovery." He said.

"I'm a fighter. I can do it. Would it be okay if I talked to Liam alone for a few minutes?"

"Of course. We'll be outside when you're ready to try eating again." The doctor said.

Liam's POV:

I felt soft warm kisses upon my lips. I opened my eyes to see Natalie grinning at me. Wait. She was here. Does that mean she's better.

"Liam the doctor thinks I'm better!" She exclaimed.

The words I had been waiting to hear finally came and was like music to my ears.

"Wait how does he know?"

"We fell asleep a couple hours ago. And they just woke me up. And I responded!" She joyfully replied.

I couldn't contain my excitement. I grabbed her by the shoulders and placed a warm passionate kiss on her lips. We kept kissing. It felt amazing. She started licking my bottom lip. I wasn't going to waist anymore time. I wasn't going to push her away. I learned my lesson. I let her in and she explored my mouth with her tongue. She pulled away and waved the doctor and her mum in. She made me crazy. Making my want her then pulling away. She knew how to get to me, how to turn me on.

"Ready to go eat again?" The doctor asked Natalie.