Agressive masculinity

"You know keeping it a secret is so cliche." I snide with a huff.

"You can pout all you want I'm not telling you." Chris shrugs from beside me.

I stare at the passing scenery trying my best to decipher where we were headed. I wasn't all the good with geography though and it seemed we were just in some countryside.

"Can you at least tell me if I've dressed appropriately?" I ask.

"I already told you, you look beautiful." He points out. He begins tapping his fingers against the steering wheel to the Pink Floyd song playing.

"That doesn't answer my question." I retort.

"Yes Aria, your outfit is fine." He mumbles.

"Christopher." I remark knowing he hates his full name.

After a few more minutes Chris pulls into what seems to be the opening to a farm yard but I see a parking lot off to the side with plenty of cars dotted around. There was a large black farm house in front of the parking lot but I couldn't read the cursive sign from here. We had definitely ventured away from home.

I would be nervous about a first date so far away but I think the fact that Chris and I had been friends first, built the trust I needed.

Chris pulls into a space and shuts off the engine. I open my car door and step out, relishing in the cool air. Chris immediately runs around to me.

"Get back inside." He rushes out.

"What? Why?" I ask desperately looking for any surrounding danger.

"Just get back in." He rushes me and I quickly obey his orders even though I couldn't see anything.

He closes the door for me before opening it again seconds later.

"M'lady." Chris says holding out his hand for me.

"You're a dick you know that? I was already out of the car." I push his hand away and get out myself. I shake my head as he flashes me his boyish grin.