huge ones, little ones, fat ones, skinny ones

"You ready?" Mick asks me. I nod pulling my dress down slightly and wrapping my jacket tighter round me.

"Who's going to be there again?" I ask him checking my reflection in the mirror one last time before following him out of my apartment.

"All the boys and a couple of their friends. It was going to be small but who knows." He shrugs.

I sigh.

I hated parties. But I know Mick really wanted to go so I compromised.

"We walking?" I ask when he doesnt grab his keys or mine.

"Yeah. I wanna drink a little tonight." He says wrapping his arm around my waist as we walk down the road. "I wish you'd worn a longer dress." He mutters looking me up and down.

"Sorry dad." I retort. "But I wanted to look nice. I haven't met these people yet."

"There's nice and then there's I would wear this for my boyfriend only." He replies snarkily. I roll my eyes and push him away from me, strutting off in front of him. "No you don't." He laughs coming up behind me and weapping both arms around me as we walked. Or tried to.

"Get off of me." I groan pushing off his hands as we stumble over each other. He moves to my side again and we begin walking normally.

When we get to the house I was very slightly impressed. We were in the nice part of town where the houses were huge and all spaced out with massive front lawns. Mick opens the door to one house and I could hear the music blasting from outside. There were a couple of people mingling outside but the house inside looked full.

Mick grabs my hand and heads straight for the drinks table. He hands me a beer can and takes one for himself also pouring some whiskey into a solo cup.

"Don't lose that can, ok?" He whispers in my ear, kissing my head.

I nod. This was that kind of party.

I see Mick nod his head at a few people he must know. Either that of there was some secret code I didn't know.

"We're going upstairs." Mick says. He had been searching for something over people's heads and I figured he didnt find what or who he was looking for.

The music was a faded a little as we headed up the stairs. Mick enters a room on the second floor and laughs when he sees a group on the floor who all turned to look at us as we entered. I noticed everybody in the room was either the same age as Mick or older. I felt a little uncomfortable.

"The party too much for you all already?" Mick asks the group.

A guy gets up and hugs Mick as the chatter in the room begins again.

"You must be the lovely Indiana." The guy nods at me.

"Yeah." I smile.

"I'm Bryce. I hope you know as much about me as I do you. This guy talks about you constantly." He laughs. I blush a little sending daggers to Mick.

"Yeah I don't think you're interesting enough to talk about buddy." Mick laughs pushing Bryce away from me. "Come meet the others." He says to me leading me to the group on the floor. I could smell smoke and I instantly wished I had smoked beforehand to calm myself. "Guys, this is Indiana." Mick introduces me to the group on the floor. There were a few girls who looked me up and down before smiling at me.

"So, James, David, Dev and Harps, they're twins, Anna, Sophie-Grey, Tash and Mel." Bryce names off everyone in the group pointing at they go.

"Come sit." Anna grins at me. She had short blonde hair and everything else about her was neon, including her eyeshadow and lipstick. She makes a space between her and the twins. Mick was already sat next to Bryce, he smiles at me reassuringly as I take the seat made for me.

"So I've heard bits and pieces but I wanna hear your story from you." Sophie asks me as soon as I take a seat. The group was talking amongst themselves but the twins, Anna and Sophie were interested in my story apparently.

We had been talking for ages I had learnt so much about Mick's friends. I did feel that maybe I knew more about his friends than him but I wasn't about to get into that. I had watched as Mick and couple others continually go down for more drinks and had eventually bought up beer and other liqour bottles upstairs. Mick could hold his alcohol, I just knew everybody had a limit. Judging from the fact he and Bryce were grinding against each other finding it hard to even stand up straight I was guessing he had enough.

I had also noticed how he kept looking over at me the past ten minutes staring at me strangely. He was talking to this new guy who had joined the party late. He had come in wearing thick gloves and carrying a large black box. He looked very suspicious and I didn't like the idea of Mick talking to him about me.

Another ten minutes pass, and Mick comes over to me.

"Hey." He smiles pulling me away from Sophie.

"Hey." I smile back. He leans down and kisses me sloppily, I could hear a couple hoots and whistles around us so I pushed him off, holding him up. "You had enough to drink?" I ask him.

He scoffs.

"I'm fine."

"Said every drunk person ever." I point out.

"Look, I want you to meet someone." He says squeezing my waist.

"Is it the guy who you've been talking about me to?" I ask him.

"We weren't talking about you." He laughs pulling me to him and leading me in the direction he just came. "Hey Matt, this my girlfriend, Indi." Mick says grabbing the guy's attention.

"Ah." Matt nods. He and Mick share a look over my head that made me uneasy.

"What?" I ask. When nobody answers me I look up at Mick.

"Nothing." He shrugs. "Can we play a game?" He asks, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"A game? Like a drinking game?" I ask.

"Kinda." Mick nods. "It will be fun."

"What game?" I ask.

"You need to put on this blindfold." Mick grins handing me a piece of cloth.

What.

‐---------------------------------

Cont - Part II