'Studying'

"Ok, so I found nothing about the stupid man in here." I sigh throwing the book across the room. "Did you find anything?" I ask.

Peter looks up at me as if had asked a dumb question. "It's the internet." He replies sarcastically. "Of course I found something." He laughs. I roll my eyes.

I always hated group projects. Mainly because my teachers always paired me with the kids who were falling behind and I'd end up doing the whole project. The worst thing was, it was their grade that would be bumped up, mine would stay the same.

I didn't mind being paired up with Peter. I'll admit at first I thought it would be awkward. What, with him being my ex boyfriend's friend and all. But, Peter was chill, he made me feel comfortable straight away.

"Hello, earth to Evelyn?" He laughs waving his hands in front of my face.

"Sorry." I mumble sitting up on his bed.

"You really haven't changed much have you." He laughs. He joins me on the bed and puts the laptop in front of us.

"So do you know exactly what period of his life we want to do?" I ask, trying to ignore the close proximity we were currently in.

"Well he discovered all these elements so we could talk about when he discovered one of those." Peter explains. I nod in agreement. "By the way, good job picking Mrs Lee's favourite scientist. I'm sure it will get us extra brownie points." Peter laughs.

"Oh, thanks." I laugh... Awkward.

"Um, I'm going to get something to drink, do you want anything?" He asks.

"Water's fine." I reply. He leaves the room and I decide to just carry on researching.

"Here you go." Peter says returning to the room and tossing me a bottle of water.

"So I found a really good website and it's got a detailed timeline of his life-" I stop when he joins me on the bed, sitting right behind me.

"Yeah? Great!" He laughs completely ignoring the laws of personal space and begins scrolling on the laptop. His arms were now basically wrapped around me and his face was only centimetres from my own.

I clear my throat and we both turn to look at each other.

Err, now would be a good time to move, My inner thought sassed me.

He begins to lean in and alarms bells begin ringing. I lean away from him.

We sit in another awkward silence, both of us still not moving.

"Were you trying to kiss me?" I ask finally.

"What, no." He laughs.

"So what were you trying to do, knock me out?"

"Ok, maybe I was trying to kiss you." He mumbles. I step away and tumble off his bed.

"Are you out of your mind?" I ask him, although I don't think I sounded all too pissed. "Why would you think I'd wanna kiss you?" I add with a slight stutter in my voice. Damn, really? You better convince yourself of that.

Maybe he didn't notice.

"Mmhmm." Peter nods coming towards me.

Oh, he totally noticed.