Sassy beginnings

Tyler-Knowles Johnson. Or TK, as he liked to be called. The greatest guy to ever grace the earth. Good-looking, smart and kind. He mainly kept to himself though and didn't have many friends. It added a sense of mystery.  

That's what I had learned in my first week at being in this new school. I was still the new girl that everyone was forming opinions of. Well except for the one girl who immediately offered to show me around and was now somewhat my best friend. 

"Tori!"

Speak of the devil.

"Hi Lainey." I smile hitching my gym bag higher on my shoulder.

"How was track?" She asks as we walk to lunch. "By the way your ass looks incredible in those shorts." She adds whispering into my ear.

"Did you have to whisper that in my ear, you creep." I laugh pushing her away from me. "Track was good, I still think Coach hates me. How was Chem?" I ask.

"Ugh, it was Chem. It was awful." She groans.

Before we turn the corner to the cafeteria I notice TK, sat on a bench in his football jersey. He was struggling to wrap his hand in bandages. People were looking and staring as they passed him but they whispered and didn't offer any help.

"Hey, um you go on without me." I tell Lainey.

"What? Come on Tori I'm sure he's fine." She tells me.

"Then why is his hand still not bandaged up?" I ask her with raised eyebrows. "I'm not asking you to come with. Just go save us a table." I tell her.

"Ok but it's your own social suicide mission." She says walking off. I sigh and roll my eyes at her.

I walk over to the bench and sit down next to TK.

"Hey. Can I help?" I ask.

TK looks up and chuckles. "Thanks." He laughs handing me the bandages and his hand.

"Wow. What happened?" I ask as I wrap up his purple-ish hand.

"I landed on it." He shrugs.

"And you didn't go to Nurse Judy because...?" I ask.

"Like every other teacher she hates my guts. I'd rather not have my hand man-handled by the school nurse." He laughs.

"So you just carry bandages around with you?" I ask.

"Almost have a whole first aid kit in my bag." He nods.

"There you go." I smile letting go of his hand. "Well now I know where to come to, next time I graze my knee doing hurdles in gym." I joke.

"I guess I owe you, so sure." He shrugs.

"There you are?!" I hear a shrill squeal. We both turn our heads in the direction of the sound. I hear TK mutter under his breath.

"Why haven't you been replying to my texts?" A tall brunette asks TK with her hands on her hips. She was wearing a bright pink top and a black mini skater skirt that showed off her legs which were elongated by the boots she wore.

"I've been busy." TK mumbled lifting up his bandaged hand.

"Whatever. My house or yours?" She asks expectantly. I sat there awkwardly. What was worse, she barely even noticed me. She was either focused on TK or her phone. Demeaning if you ask me.

"Uh, yours. My parents are home." TK replies. Gross! They were hooking up. I need to get out of here. But before I could get up to leave, the girl nodded and strutted away.

"That was a nice conversation." I laugh.

"You jealous?" TK asks me with raised eyebrows.

"In your dreams." I scoff getting up off the bench. I lean in closer to him. "Plus, if I wanted seven minutes in heaven with TK Johnson, I would've had it by now." I wink walking away.