09-𝐟*𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬

First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K+ READS WTF?!?!?! I never even had 100 reads, likes, or anything like that before so this means more than words can explain! Also, ya girl graduated high school ٩(^ᴗ^)۶ I'm free!!! (for now lol)Thanks, sm again for 1k+ reads!!! This is a start to many many more in the future! I love you all, enjoy this chapter <3

When you come downstairs your mom smiles so hard her tired eyes squint close. You bury your chin in her shoulder as she uses all of her strength to hug you tight. The three of you sit in the living room, talking about how your second year is going so far. While talking, you can tell your mom is exhausted. Regardless of how drained her body is, she remains engaged, genuinely interested in the conversation. Things were going smoothly until Yuki (your aunt) asks, "How are things with the big four?!" By the look on her face as the last word leaves her lips, you can tell she immediately regrets her question; knowing it was going to trigger your mom. Being blunt you answer, "Good so far. We're supposed to do more patrols, training with high schoolers and first-years after the break." Your teeth clench the inside of your cheeks becoming antsy. You expect your mom to become bothered somehow, but she just smiles, using every fiber within her not to ruin the atmosphere.

~

The next morning, your mom left out for work as usual. You wake up to your phone vibrating. Short spam of text messages lights up your screen from your aunt.

Yuki

Hey, I left out to run errands rq

Need you to watch the kids for a bit

I'll make it up to you <3

"This bitch..." you scoff under your breath as you leave her on read. Before you go downstairs you peep into your little cousins' room to check on them. Luckily they're still asleep so you'll have a little bit of time for yourself. After about fifteen to twenty minutes you hear little taps come down the stairs. Uma stretches her arms out to the side as she lets out a very much-needed yawn, "Good morning." "Morning Uma." You grin as she makes her way over to you. "Where's mommy?" her light tired voice groans. "She went out, she'll be back later." Uma nods, looking a little pitiful. To cheer her up you ask, "You want breakfast?" Her gluttonous eyes light up as she rapidly shakes her head yes. "Can I help?!" "Yeah, go wake up Umi first." Without a second thought, she runs up the steps faster than her little feet can keep up.

Normally just like Uma, Umi isn't a morning person. But as soon as you mention food to these kids, it's like nothing else in the world matters. "Okay, what do you guys wanna make?" Umi's husky voice cracks as he screams at the top of his lungs, "WAFFLES!" Before you could respond Uma yells back, "NO! PANCAKES!" Agitated at each other they go back and forth, yelling their preferred breakfast meals. Even though they aren't twins they act the same even when they disagree with each other. Trying not to yell you slightly raise your voice, "We'll make both!" They cheer in unison now satisfied. While cooking, Umi managed to add too much water and when you told him to add a little more mix to even it out he added too much. By the time you fixed it and got the right consistency you ended up with more batter than needed. But thanks to Uma and Umi play fighting, they dropped the bowl making half of the mixture spill out, solving your minor problem.

After you three finish eating, the kids hug and thank you before running into the living room to watch tv. You smile to yourself tickled that of all things they argue about, their favorite show is the one thing they agree on. As you finish cleaning up, you decide to call Shindo back since you forgot yesterday. You two catch up, talking about how it feels a little unusual being home after being away for so long. Out of the blue, he asks you, "Do you have anything planned for today?" "I got forced into babysitting, and knowing my aunt she always says she'll be right back but is gone the whole damn day." Even though it was in the back of your mind, you were hoping you would be able to see Shindo during the break since you haven't seen him since the mall. Regardless of it being obvious that he wants to link up with you and you feel the same, you need the extra confirmation. Breaking your eye contact with him through the screen you ask, "Why?" He reacts somewhat appalled but casually answers, " I want to see you." You start to grin at him for being so straightforward. Still looking away you ask, "And do what?" Remaining calm and collective he shrugs and says, "Anything you want." Before you could react or respond to him, you hear Uma and Umi going back and forth. Eventually, you hear them start to scream from hitting each other. You glare at your screen as Shindo chuckles. "Stop fighting!" You shout. "You know, telling them to stop, isn't gonna stop them right?" "Shut up!" You scoff as you leave your phone, starting to make your way to the living room. Shindo smirks, knowing you know he was right.