Bonus Chapter!! ****

Prequel Chapter

TRIXIE

Many years ago...

I continued to draw in my sketchbook, my legs kicking back and forth behind me. My stomach lay uncomfortable on the marble floor, but the room I was in had the best lighting. I was able to see the sketch of the woods just in front of me. The pine was covered in snow, but the sight of the first bloom could be seen from underneath the trees. They were beautiful flowers that would not last more than a few hours. I had to work quickly, otherwise, my drawing wouldn't come outright.

I tucked my blond hair behind my ear, questioning why I had returned to my natural hair color. My mother had the enjoyment of coloring my hair in different colors, and I had the idea of a bright red for the next. It was the bonding experience I had for my Luna, my mother, which I enjoyed. She was always busy with pack business, but she always made time for me

Every once in a while I would hear my mother and father arguing about having another child, more importantly, a son. He didn't want me, a female, controlling the pack. If I were to be mated in about a decade, the family line would be erased to my mate. My father's male line would be gone and his name would be erased from history.

"What are you drawing?" I looked up to see my mother crouching down to see what I had on paper. "It looks just like our backyard."

"It is." I smiled, my green eyes sparkling. "I wanted to remember today."

"And why's that?" She chuckled, sitting down beside me and moving her skirt to the side.

"I can see the flowers outside." I grinned pointing through the window in front of me. "That means spring is coming, and I love the warm weather."

Her eyes darted outside, squinting as she examined the area. Her green eyes looked like emeralds as the snow sparkled around them. I smiled up at her, loving my beautiful mother. I looked up to her in so many ways. She was so headstrong but loving. Any conflict was going to go her way and no way. I loved her dominance that I hoped to gain one day, even if I had to fake it. Our pack was strong, but there were weaknesses.

"That's not a flower Trixie." Her eyes widened as she stood up and grabbed me with her. "That's a bomb."

At her words an explosion erupted, the glass shattering in the process. I was dragged away as the fire began to travel quickly along with the drapes. I watched as my nearly finished drawing erupted in flames. Tears filling my eyes as I watched all my hard work come crumbling down. While the ashes of my favorite room began to rise, I could feel my heart beginning to darken.

I could hardly hear from the blast, but I could feel my mother shouting orders, black smoke filling the air. Everyone was coughing, and I could hardly realize that I was as well. My black nails dug into my mother's skin as she stopped at the front door. People were screaming, struggling to open up the door. Somehow, it had been barricaded had nailed shut.

My mother released me, handing me over to an Omega as she body-slammed her body into the door. She screamed in pain, blood-forming on her shoulder. Angry tears filled in her eyes as she gave one last exhausted slam. She looked back over to me, a helpless look in her eyes. I looked back at her, clutching the arm of Omega holding me. I was terrified, and so was my mother.

"Come." She commanded, moving over towards the windows across the house. "We'll go out this way."

"But Luna." A woman said, a cough following directly after. "We could get hurt jumping out of the window."