(25) Run Omega Run

Chapter 25

I took a step back, not knowing what the vile man would try. I was surrounded and there was no way for me to run like I had done It's hard to believe I'd been rid of this man for so long, only to have to see him again, faced with so much betrayal. I had hoped we would never cross paths until I saw his head removed from his body.

Zaire was just like I had left him, dark brown eyes with bright yellow specs in them, showing a flicker of his evil inside. His black hair gelled back, away from his forehead, like how criminals from the human world generally looked like. Standing in front, he had nothing on but a pair of jeans that hung dangerously low on his hips. A small beard had started to form on his jaw and all the way up to his hairline near his ears, showing how much he had begun to age.

A few feet away was the she-devil herself—Carly. She was wearing nothing but her mate's shirt, and she's wearing it proudly. Her platinum blonde dyed hair was loosely swishing in the wind, catching flakes of snow falling from the sky. Her tanned skin flaunted and mocked me, proving how much I had once looked slightly like that. However, I nowhere near envied her. She killed my brother.

"Glad to see you in the flesh and breathing, baby girl,." Zaire finally spoke, looking me up and down. "You look fairly different."

"Brother." Felicity greeted, holding her hand out for him to take. He looked over at her and scowled.

"You haven't contacted me in two months. I was beginning to worry," Zaire simply stated, giving her a disapproving look.

"I've been trying to keep a low profile," she explained before looking over at me and roughly taking my wrist. "As a peace offering, I got your murderer, and let me tell you, she has become a little slut here. She mated with the Alpha here and is currently very pregnant."

Zaire grinned evilly at me before taking a step closer, so did the rest of his pack members. "Pregnant?" He looked back at his sister. "I was quite sure I made her barren."

"She asked help from a witch and was given a potion to help her produce." The evil glint in Felicity's eye didn't seem to leave.

"We can kill the baby first," Carly spoke for the first time since we came face to face. "Celia deserves to feel pain for killing the child in our pack."

"No." He commanded his eyes glaring at his mate. "My sister was smart to do this. I want to try my experiments more, and I wonder what an unborn werewolf would become."

I took a step back, wrapping my arms around my stomach as if to protect them. There was no way I could let them harm my babies. Losing them would be like losing myself.

'Cooper?' I knew talking to him through our mind link would be distracting to him while the fighting was

'Celia, where are you? My mother just informed me that she couldn't find you and I thought the worst! Please, for the love of the Moon Goddess, tell me you're safe!' His voice was panicking. I could hear it and sensed it from him.

'Felicity was the one who injected me with the cure. She's been the traitor the entire time. Not only that but ... but she's Alpha Zaire's sister.' I couldn't help but stop the small quiver that escaped from the link, I didn't mean for it to hit him hard.

'Celia.' He paused, and I could hear the uncertainty of his voice. 'Please tell me you're not there with her; that he isn't near you.'