(32) Run Omega Run

Chapter 32

It was completely and utterly beautiful, to say the least. Memories flooded back to the staircase filled with photos of Cooper's family tree. Tears threatened to leave my eyes while I stared at it. I sat up to get a good look at it. When I did, Cooper was on one knee, keeping his gaze on me.

Slowly, he took the ring from my hand before speaking those four words, "Will you marry me?"

At that exact moment, I let out a small breathless laugh before nodding my head and lunging at him. "Yes," I whispered.

It all came back to me now and finally understood why. Emilia was missing the ring on Christmas. He must've wanted to ask me on that very day, but I was really sick and I was vomiting just about everywhere at that time. Every time he had disappeared for something unknown, it must've been for this exact reason.  However, now could not have been better. This day, was the perfect day.

The ring felt cold around my finger I looked down at it with admiration. It was Emilia's ring alright. The same ring that was outlined with navy and teal blue, with a white gold band that held the rare and expensive gem. The ring from Ice Moon that had been passed on for the pack's luna centuries.

"Oh, Cooper, it's beautiful." I breathed, thinking that if I touched it, it would fall off my finger and cut through the ice, never to be seen again.

"It is a few hundred years old." Cooper grinned, not being able to wipe the smile off his face. "I was a little worried you wouldn't like something that old."

"I would've taken a soda cap as a ring if it meant being married to you." Our lips were only inches away, but we still continued to talk.

"Technically we aren't married. We're engaged."

"Then, I guess I'll soon be Mrs. Pierce."

"I guess you will be."

We still stood there, wrapped in each other's embrace. Neither of us wanted to let go. I swooped in for a kiss, trying to keep the statics indulged in my mind. Never would I forget how he made me feel, how happy he really made me. I loved him. I truly and unconditionally loved him. There was no denying it now for how much he meant to me. I owed him more than I could give him, and I would spend the rest of my life proving to him I'm worth being his mate. It's my turn to make him as happy as I am right now.

"I love you so much," I whispered, making sure my arms were still tightly linked around his neck.

"No, you don't." He chuckled and I looked at him, confused for a second. "I love you more than air, more than water to keep me quenched, and food to keep me satiated. I love you more than my very own existence."

I could hardly hold back from kissing him after his sentence. Our lips met in a fanatical and loving way. Nothing else was needed to be spoken because he was all I needed right now.

Several more love phrases were spoken but after kissing for the next few minutes, we finally broke apart and listened to each other's steady beating hearts. He was a lot more relaxed than before, but now it was over and we were finally happy, as fiancé and fiancée.

"What kind of ring is this?" I asked, spinning it with my other hand on its finger.

"It's actually an Australian Black Opal." He smiled, resting his chin on my head while I sat in between his legs and facing the snow-covered trees.

"It doesn't look like it was meant to be an engagement ring," I spoke truthfully, noticing how different it looked from Trixie's original diamond and white band. It couldn't be silver because it wouldn't exactly be eligible to be worn.