(16) Run Omega Run

Chapter 16

Wow, Trixie looked even freakier with her new outfit. Whoever gave her a sense of fashion was either Goth or a vampire – most vampires wear red or black. Eyeliner coated every inch of her eye and she even had a little cat eye look. The black lipstick she had on before was now replaced by a deep red color that showed her white teeth whenever she opened her mouth. Mascara was coated on her lashes making the greenness in her eyes stand out even more. This girl was confident and her outfit proved it.

Trixie was pulling off a tight black skirt that hugged her butt and legs to make everything about her look good. A leather jacket covered a white tank top, which showed the perfect abs beneath her shirt. Different kinds of rings covered her fingers along with diverse bracelets latched to her wrists.  Zebra print heels rested in her feet and I was pretty sure they were pumps. If I looked long enough I could see a belly ring under her shirt that was peeping through. Everything about her just screamed dangerous.

“Close your mouth honey.” Trixie stated raising a teasing eyebrow at me, but instead looked up at Cooper. “You too.”

My head swung behind me to look at Cooper staring at her. I didn’t enjoy my mate looking at her like that so I purposely let out a growl escape my lips. His eyes snapped to me but his eyes softened and I knew immediately he wasn’t looking at her how a feared. Slowly he removed his eyes from me and back to Trixie.

“Long time no see huh?” A smirk was written on Coopers face and my eyes widened. They knew each other like old friends.

“Haven’t seen you since we broke into your school before the attack and put buckets of red paint above every door.” She chuckled before popping in a leather seat casually. “Happy to see your long lost best friend again?”

“Wait, I’m confused.” I butted in and everyone in the room looked over at me. “You knew her?” The question was directed to Cooper but it was answered by Adam.

“Yeah, they used to get into so much trouble when the allied packs met up. I even attended some of the pranks they played on others.” Adam seemed to be caught up in the past and I heard him murmur. “Those were the days huh?”

“You mean when you weren’t getting beat by my sister?” Cooper chuckled and looked over at Trixie and soon became serious. “How the hell did you survive?”

“Call it flirtatious skill, but you get the idea.” She winked at one of her guards from behind her but turned back over to my mate. “But with my ability to run and not get distracted by a mate like my father I was able to escape.”

It all made sense. Trixie’s father was an Alpha, which meant he was mated and had a Luna. She must’ve been caught up in the battle and Trixie’s father was distracted. He couldn’t save anyone because his mate was in danger, and like every Alpha, he only cared about her at that moment. If she had died he would’ve lost the will to continue living without her. That was why all enemies went after an Alphas mate, to weaken them.

“But that isn’t why I’m here.” She smirked before standing up and looking at us all. The air thickened and a deafening sound began. My ears were ringing with the silence and I was desperate to know why she would risk being here.

“Zaire is beyond pissed that Celia is your mate, and he’s trying everything in his power to take her away from you. I’ve been paying close attention to his territory for months and I’ve noticed more and more rogues have been going in and out of his place. I was approached by a young female explaining she was going to Blood Moon for some meeting to destroy a criminal. It turns out, Zaire has been gaining help from your enemy packs and even rogues to take out Celia. The crime she committed-” Cooper interrupted her.