(14) Run Omega Run

Chapter 14.

I lay on my side, hugging a pillow close to my chest. My legs are tangled in the mess that is known as Coopers bed sheets and I know there is no way I could possibly get out. To be honest, I haven’t even thought about getting up besides using the bathroom to do my lady business. What’s the reason of having a period now that I can’t possibly have children? The Moon Goddess really hates me now that I think of it.

A knock on the door comes from outside and I don’t even bother to speak to tell them to go away and never come back. Right now I don’t even have the energy to move my mouth. It has just stayed in a straight line for half the day. I feel bad that I couldn’t even help Felicity finish making her chicken pot pie. I’m such a female wolf, not dog because that’s just an insult.

To my annoyance, the person knocks again and I let out a grunt. It sounds like a dying cow from what I heard correctly, possibly a dying hippopotamus if necessary. Yep, life is like cream cheese.

A groan comes from the outside, but I don’t even bother moving when the door is slammed open, making the pictures on the wall rattle. The bed drips from behind me and I’m engulfed in a comforting hug. I sigh and shove the blankets closer towards me. All I hear is a chuckle behind me.

“He told me.” Paige’s voice mumbled and I could hear a flicker of sadness in her voice. “Cooper told me everything that happened to you. I know it wasn’t his story to tell but I threatened to use his favorite cologne as a football and to burn his favorite shirt that you always manage to wear before he gets the chance to.”

I looked down at the baggy shirt I was wearing that had some kind of band on it and let out another lament. The tears I had let spill over and over again for the past six hours had returned against my will. They soaked Cooper’s pillow, again and left a large stain, again. Paige rubbed her hand up my arm soothingly and my wolf and I seemed to like it.

“I know this isn’t fair for you. Hell, I’m complaining about my baby when here you are not even having the choice to have one or not. I’m so selfish to not want him.” She soothed but only one thing caught my ear.

Him? She knew it was a him? A boy? I guess mother’s intuition really did happen, or Paige went to an ultrasound without Adam knowing.

“I know you’re really hurting and stuff but I think it’s best for you to try and move past this. We can go shopping if you’d like. I really need to get some food since I’m really craving some strange stuff.” Paige was obviously trying to lighten the mood, but it really wasn’t working. “I mean liverwurst? For years I thought it was some poison made by…”

I lost her after that and tuned her out. Paige is amazing but her rambling really can give me a headache. Cooper telling her about what happened to me really bothered me, but I knew that if I wasn’t going to talk to him that I would talk to her. Right now I don’t want to talk to anybody so it’s his loss. My mate needs to understand that sometime I want alone time, even if it’s for six hours.

“I mean burnt fish? Like ew I can’t believe I actually ate that, but you know my baby’s weird.” Paige continued and I just continued ignoring her as best as I could. “I think it’s a boy. What do you think?”

When she smacked my shoulder gently I jumped a little but didn’t look at her. I sniffled again and hugged my pillow tighter. My cheeks burned with every tear that feel and I didn’t have the energy to even wipe away. I must look pathetic, but I really don’t even care. My life officially sucks.

“Celia are you even listening at me?” Paige snapped and I felt her roughly shoving me. “Celia?”

Her face was now in mine and looking at me with a worried expression. I gave her a brief glace not even moving my head completely as I stared out into space. There was nothing really to look at but I could barely feel myself. I knew it was depression sinking into my body slowly.