(31) Run Omega Run

Chapter 31

I pulled Penelope closer as the figure came barreling towards us. Cooper brought me closer to him, but that didn't stop a pair of arms from encasing me. Ripped out of my mate's arms, I let out a squeak when I was lifted up in the air. The arms squeezed tightly, and I could practically feel my eyeballs about to burst out of their sockets.

"I knew you were having a third child." The woman cried, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"How did you know, Emilia?" I asked, and Cooper angrily took our daughter from my arms. That got me wondering where Clayton and Rylan were. My eyes scanned the room before I found Trixie and Paige cooing the life out of their children and mine.

The room had grown less tense, and each pack member would interrupt our conversation saying they won't speak a word about Penelope. Cooper kissed my cheek before walking off to join his sister and best friend. That left me with just his parents, wonderful.

"You were as big as a whale darling!" Emilia emphasized, raising her arms high above her head to show my size. "But a girl."

"Yeah." I breathed, turning around to see Cooper chatting with his closest friends. I never really got to know them, but the men seemed to be congratulating him.

"I am truly sorry about what's been placed on you. With everything you've been through, you sure are strong." Emilia placed a hand on my shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "We'll have guards around every entrance and one stationed at your bedroom or hers."

"I'll have to talk to Cooper about it." I smiled before kissing her softly on the cheek and giving Patrick a friendly goodbye wave.

Murmurs were sparking up as I fished my way through the large crowd of chatting people. If I were still the little omega I once was, I would've run out as fast as possible, but being mated to Cooper had given me a new way of living. I'm hardly scared anymore unless it's for my three pups.

"Hi, my beautiful daughter." I snatched Penelope out of Cooper's hands before he could even realize and I kissed her gently on the cheek before looking up at my mate. "Hi."

"Hey, babe." He grinned, placing a kiss on my forehead before turning back to the man he was speaking to. "Everything's set right?"

"Indeed, Alpha." He nodded before bowing his head in respect and scampered away.

I turned to face my glorious mate. "What was that all about?"

"Nothing," he said before turning around and walking over to a group of men calling for him. I sighed, realizing he was busy, and turned to talk to Paige and Trixie.

They greeted me kindly before both their mate came over to them and scooped them up and ran off. Hurt pierced my heart when both Adam and Jeremy walked off with both women screeching at them.

I took Rylan first since he was slowly rolling around, which was dangerous and scooped him into my free arm. Penelope was rested in my hands as well. When I reached for Clayton, I had a hard time bending down to get to him. A huff left my lips, and I twisted in an awkward way which earned me a slight pain running down my back. I winced but tried again.

"Need help?" I didn't get to answer the voice before Clayton was lifted up. Slowly, I stood up, dusting off my dress in the process with the back of my hand.

"Thank you." I smiled before coming face to face with an old friend. "Warner." It was astonishing to see him here, but I didn't mind much.