(24) Run Omega Run

Chapter 24.

Pregnant. That was the only word that processed through my mind then and there. Pregnant. I couldn’t decide if I was supposed to leap into loud squeals, or bawl my eyes out. I wasn’t emotional like Paige, so what did this mean? Was there something wrong with the baby? Or was it just me?

Oh my, I’ll make the worst mother. Sure I’ve changed a lot of diapers but I hardly paid attention to what I was doing! Now I have to take care of…a being that Cooper and I created! How was I going to cope with that? With the war, that was in fact approaching, Cooper will only be worrying about my safety. He could get killed. What if-

“Celia baby calm down.” Cooper urged looking at me with concerned eyes. “Everything will be fine, I promise.”

Then it hit me like a bucket of cold water. What if it’s a girl? What if Ayana keeps to her word and comes to take my baby? Cooper will never forgive me for doing that to him, for being the reason our daughter could never be seen again. I can’t risk that. I can’t risk the bond we have for something like this.

“Cooper I can’t have a baby.” I whispered, completely frightened and terrified.

“It’s okay.” He mumbled kissing my forehead softly. “That witch gave us something we can call ours, our baby. We owe her a debt that can never be repaid for what she did.”

Our daughter. I wanted to say, but I kept my mouth shut. “What about the war?”

“I’ll keep you hidden. No one will know about the baby until after it, just to keep you both safe.” His aquamarine sparkled with joy, and I couldn’t crush it by telling him. It’ll just have to stay in the dark for a little longer.

«.»

Christmas passed quickly, and soon so did New Years. It was all a blur to me, but that’s probably because I stayed cooped up in Cooper and I’s room, hiding the little bump that had already started to form on my stomach. I was growing worried, even Paige’s didn’t grow that fast. Something must be wrong with him.

I’m calling my baby a “him”, because if I call it a girl I will only be reminded of the deal. I’ve been thinking about it for a couple weeks now, and with the war tomorrow I’m debating whether to tell my mate or not. He’ll flip out, but I don’t want him to get angry with me if it’s a girl.

Suddenly the door is kicked open, obviously Cooper didn’t do that, and I turn around to face the blond curled monster. My arms were crossed over my chest as I stood, trying to hide my…fatness. If Paige found out word would spread like wildfire. Even Sheila didn’t know, and I knew I was due for an ultrasound just to see how things were going.

“Celia my darling.” She greeted, using a British accent as she entered, swaying a little when the baby kicked. I mean it literally kicked, I’m pretty sure I saw a foot stick out of her stomach. “Woo, he is getting pushy.”

I only smiled and hugged the large sweater tighter to my body. It was the only thing I was wearing besides comfortable sweatpants that hugged my body. They seemed like the only things that hid my baby, and even the large amount of weight I had gained. Should I go shopping for…something?

“Holy. Shit.” Paige’s mouth dropped open and she stared at me in bewilderment. “You’re…you’re.”

My eyes widened and I dashed over her, slamming the door shut and clasping a hand on her mouth. “Don’t say anything, don’t tell anybody, no one can know I’m pregnant.” I whispered before removing my hand away from her.