(29) Run Omega Run

Chapter 29

I cried out in pain, squeezing Cooper's hand tightly as another contraction went through my body. The babies decided now was a wonderful time to be brought into the world. It was Thanksgiving, and I had finished preparing meal for everyone when my water broke. Emilia nearly passed out from excitement and Paige was laughing as I withered in pain; I had laughed at her a bit when she gave birth to Shaw because of her unique facial expressions.

Now I knew slightly how she felt while I was carried down the flight of stairs, moments away from giving birth. Cooper had been on patrol, with Adam and a few higher ranks like Philip. Cooper's father Patrick was in charge of the pack for a small amount of time while they were gone.

I knew he was trying to be careful not to bump me into anything while we descended the stairs, but my cries of pain were enough to distract him. I did my best to muffle the screams in Cooper's bare chest, but it really wasn't working. We were given worried glances by fellow pack members, not really understanding what was going on. Yes, I was about to deliver, and yes, I was in fact in pain.

"And you laughed at me when I had my contractions," Paige scoffed, meeting us at the bottom of the stairs, holding a sleeping Shaw in one arm and a bottle in the other. "I must say, you look hilarious."

"You're not helping, Paige!" I shouted before crying again when another contraction hit. "Oh, Moon Goddess, you better be prepared for this." I breathed under my breath, earning a small glance from Cooper.

"Just keep breathing. Sheila is waiting for us in the delivery room." Cooper encouraged, giving me a brief and kind glance. "They'll be alright. I promise."

"I mean I heard it's possible you could die during this hard time. You babies will be alright but—"

"Shut up!" Both Cooper and I snapped at her which made her jump a little in shock. She smiled and shook her head. She left quickly so she wouldn't upset me further.

Except for my frequent whimpers and soft screams, the rest of the way to the delivery room was overall silent. I should've taken that birthing class that both Trixie and Paige took. But, compared to them, the pain I was going through was on a whole different level since I was giving birth to triplets, they both only had a single one.

Before I knew it, Cooper gently laid me down on a soft bed. in case complications from the birth arose. My hands were getting sweaty around Cooper's hand and so was the one gripping the sheets around me. Unlike the usual births of a future Alpha, I didn't want anyone to be recording mine or being near me. This was mostly for Penelope's safety. If one knew, so would the entire pack and later Ayana.

Sheila gently and swiftly removed my underwear, and it was at that moment I thanked Paige for giving me the idea to be wearing a loose dress all the time. My legs were spread, and I looked over at Cooper for any sign of reassurance. He gave me a nod, and I let in a slow breath before turning to Sheila. She was finally done and ready to begin.

"Alright, Celia, now all you have to do is breath and push." Sheila encouraged, looking up at me and giving me a small smile. "Everything will be fine."

"It's okay, baby, just keep doing what she asks." Cooper soothed, running his hand up and down my arm.

"Push."

I cried and screamed in pain while I did as she said, digging my nails sharply in Cooper's hand. He winced, but didn't say anything and gave me an encouraging smile. How was I going to give birth to three? I was already having difficulty with the first baby.