(17) Run Omega Run

Chapter 17

There was no choice of words to describe how surprised Cooper was. Marking is the second main step in a mating bond. It’s a symbol of saying ‘I love you’, and just like people always say, ‘Actions speak better than words’. If Cooper did mark me, he would show he loved me which was something I wanted him to show. I wanted to be loved by him, and him only. There were no ifs or buts in this.

 “Please Cooper,” I begged clutching onto his shoulders gently and prepared for what I desired him to do. “Mark me.”

“I can’t Celia.”

It was like a bucket of ice cold water on my body and his words dug deep into me heart. Tears prickled in my eyes but I held them back. I pushed him away gently and turned away from him. Nothing was worse than a rejection like that, and believe me it hurt. My heart throbbed painfully and the soar taste in my mouth began. I was tired of crying, but I didn’t expect my mate to do something hurtful like this.

Not being able to say anything I opened Cooper’s office door and left. With my back facing him I let the tears fall down. My body shook and a soft sob left my lips. He didn’t love me, I knew it. I tried so hard to push that thought away but it really was true. Why else wouldn’t he mark me to keep other male from touching me? I thought Alphas were very possessive yet here he is, putting me out in the open for any male to claim me.

“Celia wait.” My hand was taken and I was jerked back into the room I had just walked out of. Thumbs brushed my tears off my face but my body still shook making them still fall down like a river. His voice hushed me but I couldn’t calm myself down. It hurt, and he has no idea how much his cruel words miffed.

“Just stop.” I croaked, my voice aching from my crying.

“Celia you have to understand.” His voice also held a hint of hurt but I expected it to be pity. Why would he even bother explaining? “Right now is just too confusing. My baby sister is pregnant from my best friend. I can’t just let that go. Then there is you with so many problems. I-”

“Problems!” I snapped pushing his hands off my face. “You think I have problems? Are you messed up in the head to talk down to me like that?”

“What?” Cooper must’ve noticed his mistake and shook his head. “No! No you don’t have problems. I mean you do have PTSD and I’m a little bothered that you can’t have my children but you-”

“So you don’t love me because of something I went through and I can’t reproduce children for you!” I sneered pushing on his chest for him to get away from me when he approached me. “I can’t believe you! I can’t even stand being in the same room as you!”

When I sprinted out of the room Cooper didn’t try again to take my hand again. He knew not to come near me now that I knew exactly what was wrong. It was all because of me. My own mate didn’t love me because my brother died about a month ago and I had been beaten to a pulp at a young age. I would’ve been okay with that because I would get better in time but now he can’t even touch me because I can never have children! God I want to hit him so badly.

I ran up the basement step and down the halls. There could be a chance I could be fixed. There must be a way I can make Cooper love me. I need to know any possible way of having even one child for my mate so he can love me. Will he only love if I produce an offspring for him or would he just rip the baby out of my arms? Could he be that cruel?

My feet carried me to her office and I knocked frantically hoping Cooper wouldn’t run after me. I didn’t want him anywhere near me. Knocking again I was beginning to panic as more thoughts of my mate ran through my head. My wolf was crying at the slight rejection still and she was no use for advice now. She had been wrong about thinking our mate would still love us when my body isn’t fertile.