(4) Run Omega Run

Chapter 4.

It's been about a week since I got here, and Cooper and I's relationship hasn't improved. I haven't left his room other than to use the bathroom or wash up. Felicity comes and goes to give me food and clear the plates but nothing major. Sage would run into the room with her princess backpack and ask me to help her with her math the minute she got home from school. When I helped her finish she would tell me about her day and then leave to eat dinner with the pack around five thirty. The next time I saw her she was rubbing her eyes and telling me goodnight.

That leaves it down to me remaining in the bedroom reading different novels Cooper has on his shelves. Most is pack history, I never took him as a reader anyway, but some are recently published books that are actually pretty good. He put some new ones in when he saw me reading an encyclopedia when he walked in a two days ago. These are the only distractions I have so I can avoid what happened a week ago.

My thoughts are cut short when Cooper's bathroom door swings open and out comes my one and only mate. I look up from the book I'm reading on the windowsill that gives a perfect view of the snowy mountains and the large forest. He's currently towel drying his slightly longer hair than the first time I met him by rubbing his scalp quickly. The five o'clock shadow he had before was missing and now revealed a strong jawline and slightly rough skin.

"You've been here an entire week Celia and I think it's best if-"

I cut him off before he could finish. "If what? That I leave and possibly get injured again? My arm finally became fully healed and now you want me to be exposed to more dangers." I know I was being a little over dramatic but Alpha's can't be trusted, and they can be cruel to their mates. I've seen their violence first hand.

"Three things. One, don't interrupt me when I'm speaking." Coopers eyes had darkened a bit but soon went back to their normal blue color. "Two, you're wolf hasn't been let out in a week so it's very unhealthy. Finally three, I think it's best if you get introduced to my pack, including the rest of my family."

An awkward silence filled the room almost immediately. He's now my Alpha, and I shouldn't have acted like that, even if he's my mate. The reason could be because my wolf is getting desperate for Cooper to mate us. Even though I'm not ready, it's still pretty confusing my how much he's resisting the pull.

Why won't he mate us? My wolf pleaded adding a small whimper at the end.

It's like he doesn't want us. I answered for her, only earning a growl from her.

No! I can sense his wolf, he wants us just as badly as we want him. Soon realizing Cooper was waiting for an answer I opened my mouth.

"Oh..." Trailing off at the end I looked at my hands and then back out the window. The snow was falling down softly and I could only imagine how cold it is. There is still no way I'm leaving this room.

"What if I promised a date in return for you to meet my family?"

This caught my attention and my wolf instantly screamed yes. My answer wasn't far from it and he gave a small half smile once I spoke. I couldn't help but look forward to our date, but I dread meeting Cooper's family. His sister and mother are very loving, but he must've gotten his ignoring habit from his father. Let's just hope he isn't worse.

"Good, my sister bought you this this morning." Pulling out a large shopping bag from behind him and cautiously placed the bag on the bed and went through it.

I didn't waste any time in looking at the outfit curiously. Never in the world have I ever seem the girls in my pack wear one, let alone have one. They all wore belly shirts and booty shorts to make all the boys wolf whistle at them. This however was beautiful. It was a cute winter dress that looked perfect for a winter dance that I never got to go to. The sleeves were long but didn't look itchy like a sweater. It would go just below my butt, but before I could ask, Cooper pulled out some black leggings.