(18) Run Omega Run

Chapter 18.

I gazed at the small vial in my hand that Ayana had given me. Seated on the bed at three in the morning in Coopers room in complete darkness didn’t help with my decision. She had put a little spell in the contents in the vial, but I never asked what she had done. I was going to but she just disappeared completely out of sight. There was no way I could contact her unless I had Sheila’s phone, but still she knew the number. 

The small glass bottle was filled with a glowing object inside that resembled a growing wolf fetus who was sleeping. The tail of the pup was forming and a faint red luminosity was around it. There were several veins leading out of the blushing ball that were connected to it. All I needed to do was press the opening to my lips and it will crawl inside me easily. I just lacked the courage to do just that.

My heart kept racing and I saw Cooper shift in his sleep a few times at the noise. Maybe I should talk to Sheila and see what she can do with it. There could be a way to study it and make it work for anyone. Pushing away the wine cork that kept anything from spilling I slowly moved it to my lips. Before I could place it fully I pushed it away and put the cap back on. I couldn’t do it, not when Cooper was only a few feet away from me sleeping soundlessly.

Do it. My wolf ordered and I jumped at the aggressive tone she had used. This will make our mate love us.

I knew she was right. We both knew this was the only way to make this bump in the road go away finally. If this worked only my PTSD would get in the way of Cooper and I’s relationship. The decision to make me fertile was screaming at me to agree but my body kept worrying. What if I had a daughter? I would never be able to just give her away without a fight. The deal was stupid, I never should’ve agreed to it. I never would’ve had to make such a complicated decision.

Hours went by and I was growing tired, but I couldn’t stop looking at the wolf fetus. It was like it was waiting for me to make the decision that I knew I could never make. No, this will make Cooper love me. He will mark me and everything will be perfect. One child is all I’ll have, I won’t risk having a daughter.

“Celia?” My eyes flickered over to Cooper her was tiredly rubbing his eyes. I looking at the clock and noticed it was five in the morning. Did he always wake up this early? “What are you doing awake?”

He hasn’t noticed the vial, hide it. My wolf commanded, and I pushed the bottle under the covers quickly before Cooper could see.

“What was that?” My heart stopped and I bet Cooper could see the panic written on my face. Hands growling clammy I furiously began to wipe them on my pants.

“It’s nothing, just some medicine I was t-told to take.” I lied looking around the room and away from his face. If I looked into his eyes he would see right through me.

“You can’t keep lying to me baby. What is it?” Cooper moved over to me and sat next to me. Carefully he moved my hand ever so slowly and reached in the bed sheets. I looked away while he slowly took out the vial. Tear filled my eyes and I looked at my hands. “What the hell is this?”

I couldn’t look at my mate so I just stared blankly at the door. My shoulders were shook violently by him and a small whimper escaped my lips. Cooper will never forgive me if he found out I had made a deal with a witch. Hearing him sniff the vial was almost in slow motion and my breathing hitched.

A growl came from him but I didn’t move. “A witch! What did you do with a witch Celia?” I couldn’t say anything that would comfort him. There was no way I was able to lie to him so I turned to look at him.