(28) Run Omega Run

Chapter 28

"Get him out right now!" Trixie shouted at the top of her lungs as she pushed. I cringed, worried I would be the next person to give birth and would have to go through the same pain. Much to my fear, I was due any day now.

Jeremy and Trixie wanted us to witness the birth of their son, but it only made me worried about the upcoming days. We traveled from Ice Moon, while I was pregnant, to Blue Crescent in a matter of hours. Cooper hadn't left my side once and was clutching my hand tightly.

"Just a few more pushes and he'll be welcomed into the world." The pack doctor encouraged as she told Trixie what to do.

Cooper and I were in the delivery room, keeping our eyes on Trixie and not what was happening. Sweat was dripping from her brow and her hand had gotten insanely clammy as she held onto me. Cooper's hands were on my waist, holding me up since my legs could hardly carry the weight I was carrying now.

I cringed when Trixie let out a piercing scream, and Jeremy looked utterly worried. She had been crying and screaming for hours now, in labor and unable to give birth. It was terrifying to watch her struggle, but the doctor just said she needed to keep pushing and try to relax as much as possible. Obviously, her coaxing wasn't going anywhere.

I knew Cooper was silently hurting inside because this was his childhood friend in pain. He knew her since she was little, and here they were years later. It was amazing to believe how fast time went.

She was panting now, trying hard to get in as much air as she could. It went like that for a few more hours before he was finally born. We had to leave immediately because it was known for a new mother wolf to attack anyone within a few feet from her baby, so we left to let her rest. Jeremy was finally a father and we would know his son's name soon enough.

"Can you call Paige?" Cooper asked as we sat in the living room. A few pack members glanced our way but shrugged it off obviously knowing we were only visiting.

"Why can't you?" I snapped but instantly regretted it. We were getting closer and closer to my due date, and I was more and more on the edge with Ayana coming to take Penelope away.

"I'm sorry, I will."

He gave me a brief smile before walking away with his phone in hand. I looked at him curiously since it was strange that he wasn't using the pack link if it was business. What could he be doing? I shook my head. There was no reason to question him. Pulling out my own phone, I called Paige.

"What?" She breathed, sounding as if she had run a marathon.

"Hello, Paige, its Celia." I laughed. There was no use in mind linking with her since she hated getting distracted by it.

"Oh, darling! How's Trixie?" Shifting uncomfortably in the sofa I was sitting on, I thought it would just be better to lie down on it. Jeremy and Trixie won't mind considering my children were making it difficult to breathe.

"She's doing fine, the baby was just born so we walked out. How are you?"

"Ugh." She groaned and I could hear the movement of pots and pans moving. "Shaw won't stop crying. I've done everything, breastfeeding, diaper changing, and bathing him. He hates me, I swear!"

"He's your son. He can't possibly hate you." I snorted, looking at the clock to see it read six in the afternoon. "He probably just misses his daddy."

"I'm here too." Adams's voice rang in the background and I couldn't help but let out another giggle.

"Tickle him or read him a book," I added, trying to flicker some ideas into them. Cooper walked in a few minutes later with his phone being shoved in his pocket. "I need to go. I'll see you when we get back."