(8) Run Omega Run

Chapter 8

I hear the sounds of feet walking on wood and I snap my eyes open to look at the dark wood I've always seemed to like. Bracing myself for the unwelcoming argument we will have again, I feel Cooper place me on the ground gently. There's nothing I could possibly say to him that won't make him hate me more. He already does hate me so there is nothing that could go wrong.

About to open my mouth as I stand up, I was soon greeted by a loud squeal and something hugged my hips tightly. "Celia I missed you so much! My brother is a meanie for saying those rude things to you. Can you please forgive him? I don't want you to leave again!" Sages' adorable voice cried, and I turned around to see tears leaking out of her eyes.

Bending down so we were eyes level I hugged her properly and whispered. "I can't promise you anything. Your brother is the one that needs to make up a damn good apology."

The little girl sighed and kissed me on the cheek real quick before leaving. I stood up and ran away from Cooper down the hall. My feet carried me down the hallway and up the stairs. Next thing I knew I was in Cooper's room looking for a change of clothes to wear. Deciding it was best to wear something that wasn't my mates, I exit the room and decide to go to Paige's. She was a girl with a sense of fashion, I could just borrow her clothes for the time being. Surely she wouldn't mind.

I stopped at her door and knocked once. It was swung open extremely fast and I was pushed inside in a matter of seconds. A rush of whiplash hit me and I was about to question the person who pushed me in before I was engulfed in the biggest hug in history. Hugging Paige back I let her strangely cry on my shoulder. Why was she even crying?

When she released me that was when she exploded. "You left without even a goodbye!" Paige hugged me again and sobbed. "You're my sister now, you can't just leave like that. Promise me no matter how stupid my brother is or what he says you'll punch him in the face instead."

"Paige, you have no idea how much his words hurt me." I whispered feeling my throat get tight. Holding back a cry myself I spoke again. "He said he would rather have more women than me. Why would he even say that?"

"You have to understand Cooper, Celia!" She bellowed releasing me and throwing her hands up in the air. "He doesn't know how to express his feelings other than anger! My brother doesn't know how to tell someone he loves them. Never in my life has he told me once if he loves me, or even Sage. Cooper can't show people feelings because he thinks it shows weakness to his enemies."

My mouth instantly dropped and my eyes went wide. Is that what Cooper really thinks? He thinks that feelings are weakness? Love has always been strength. It lets people know that there's someone who will sacrifice themselves for him or her. I'm starting to question if Cooper actually knows how to love, because if he can't love me then what's the point of being mates. He can't even tell his sisters that he loves them.

I remained silent, not knowing what to say about Cooper. There isn't anything I can really say that will make her, or me, feel better. It's just how Coopers' programed, he can't direct his feelings towards anyone. My mate may never be able to love me how I always wanted him to. When I think of a mate, I think of someone who would love me no matter how different or complicated I can be. Cooper, he is none of the things that I wanted, he can't even love so why should it matter now what our relationship is like.

"Plus your 'One and only' didn't even let my mate visit me when he went looking for you. We've been mind-chatting a lot, but that's it." Paige added with a long sigh. "Adam was forced to go back to hunt for Rogues, bring back anyone that may have information. This expedition is all about finding out why you're here."