5

Louis sat at the edge of the bed, staring at the waves that were outside his window. Everything felt like too much, the scent of the sea hit him like a brick. He felt terrible about how Harry's own father treated him. As much as he despised that egoistic lanky fool, nobody deserved to be treated like that by their own fathers. It was all too foreign. The scent of the sea, His Majesty's behaviour, the waters they were floating on, and the bed he was lying in. He wanted to be back in his penthouse in London, where it smelt like damp smoke and rain, and lie on a bed that's just the perfect softness, the pillows are perfectly plush, he actually has seven pillows to make himself a nest and he didn't know that His Majesty and the Crown Prince had a strained relationship. This wasn't going to make Louis like Harry or make him stop the remarks he passes in his head when they talk, it just made his heart hurt a little. It was probably the wine. Most definitely it was the alcohol.

Harry was stuck, he could tell it was the palace. Specifically the parlour. It was well lit and there were no people. His parents were out of the city for the day and most staff were on break. It was the absolute perfect time for her to stop by, she knew all about the palace's schedules and his parents' plans. He was in third grade, head full of unruly curls and chubby cheeks that dimpled. "Oh, Harry how I've missed you. Come on, give me a hug!" she smiled, walking over to him with open arms. "No. You always hurt me and I feel dirty. Leave me alone please," Harry tried, shoulders open. "Now, Harry, you're being ridiculous. I would never do anything to hurt you," she laughed, walking closer as he backed away. "But I don't want to..please no. Please not today," he whimpered, tears cascading down his face. "Hush now, let's get you to your room and if you do anything other than what I tell you to do or make a loud sound, you're going to regret it for every day that you live," she spat. "Yes, ma'am," he whispered, walking with her to his room. He was crying as she did what she was here to do. "No..no.please no..no," he whimpered.

"No...no...leave...me....no..please..no," Harry whimpered in his sleep, thrashing around in his bed as if he were trying to get loose from something pinning him down. "No!" he screamed as he shot up. He was completely soaked, eyes rimmed red from crying. Those eyes that used to be full of stars had been drained empty of all emotions. He couldn't sleep here, not without his medicine he had stupidly forgotten, not when she wouldn't stop haunting him, not when he felt suffocated in the room. He pulled on a pair of sweatpants and an old t-shirt. 

He walked out and into the deck to find Louis sitting there with his knees pulled to his chest. "Couldn't sleep?" Harry broke the silence. "Nah there's way too much sound and not enough pillows. Besides, Cookie has taken up the entire bed somehow," Louis laughed, leaning hehind so he could see Harry better. "Is it the cat you decided to make your own?" Harry started, "Can I sit with you?" he asked. "Mhm, she's pretty. I like her," Louis nodded, patting the place next to him. Harry lowered himself on the spot, sitting with his legs spread. "So, what made you get up?" Louis asked, playing with the hem of his pink t-shirt. He was breaking his own rules at this point but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to care or run to change. "Nothing. Just didn't feel sleepy. You know how it is sometimes," Harry fibbed with those damn dimples. But this time, Louis didn't feel like driving a pike through them. Louis had heard his scream, he could hear everything. A skill you develop when you want to spy on your employees as you have nothing better to do than listen about their love lives. The way Harry screamed, it wasn't a scream of pleasure, it was pure terror. Louis felt bad. What was so utterly terrifying that Harry wouldn't speak about? Oh for Christ's sake, the man was like an open magazine with flashy pictures. Everyone knew about his countless affairs, his favourite style of suits, his hairdresser's name and even what yoghurt he liked. When you were next in line to become King and had countless female fans, you would've had tabloids keeping track of everything like Harry did.

"So, any funny dating stories?" Louis asked, glancing at Harry. "Oh no, I don't date. There's no point in it. I'll have to marry whichever person the state thinks is best for me," Harry sighed. "I was trying to cheer you up, lanky ass fool but looks like you just want to wallow," Louis thought, nodding. "So, mine isn't really a dating story but I did reject a guy who called me. Apparently, I gave him my number at a pub. It should be a rule that you cannot call a person even if they asked you to call them if they were drunk or even tipsy while doing so," Louis chuckled. "What was his name? Was he cute or does drunk Louis have bad taste?" Harry smirked. "Good, the egoistic bastard is back. I don't have to deal with sad, pouty, cat-loving Harry," Louis thought, sighing internally. "Oh please, he was blond, tall and had blue eyes. Drunk Louis has impeccable taste. In fact, any Louis has impeccable taste. Any other gay guy would've thrown himself on you just like that but I don't. I have taste," Louis declared. "Oh sure. The only reason Louis isn't throwing himself at me is that he is too wound up about this boyfriend from over four years ago," Harry chuckled and sirens went off in Louis' head. Two years of Oliver shaming Louis for his body, belittling him, treating him like crap flashed before Louis' eyes. "Who gave you the fucking right to say that huh? What do you think of yourself? Huh? King of the goddamn universe? You are a horrible horrible man. You know, it was a mistake thinking I could actually tolerate you. Go castrate yourself on the anchor, see if I care," Louis snapped, getting up abruptly. "I am so sorry, Lou. I didn't mean it like that," Harry tried, walking after the smaller lad who was storming off in a rage. "Don't you fucking dare call me that, you bastard. Nobody cares what you meant it as. Get a check-in with reality, not everybody will like you. I sure as hell won't. Now get out of my sight and go to bed. I don't give a fuck about your sorry," Louis sneered, slamming the door to his room shut while Harry stood there. He had messed up big time.