14

"Good morning, darling," Harry smiled, pushing the fringe out of Louis' eyes. He hummed, nuzzling Harry's neck. "Where are you, Lou?" Harry asked cautiously. "With you, in my bed, idiot," Louis smirked. Good. He wasn't under. "I have to leave, you know?" Harry tried. Louis let go. "Best of luck getting out of here without being fed breakfast by Mary. I bet she already thinks you're my boyfriend," Louis giggled, getting up. "Eh I could do with a nice breakfast," he shrugged, walking into the washroom. "I'm gonna use your toothbrush," Harry called out. "And I'm gonna burn it after you," he laughed, walking up behind him and placing a kiss on his back. "Wow this is new isn't it? Who knew Louis Tomlinson was even able to show a little kindness to his one nemesis," Harry chuckled, squeezing out toothpaste. "You're..you're not my nemesis. I mean..I'm not particularly fond of you but you're an okay lad," Louis sighed, reaching into the cabinet for another toothbrush. Harry's heart hurt, this boy that he had fallen so hard for wasn't even particularly fond of him, didn't want to be his boyfriend. He knew his reputation with relationships and different women or men every night preceded him, he understood why Louis would possibly never trust him. But what Louis didn't know was that Harry would do anything for him. 

"Good morning, boys!" Mary smiled, setting out plates for breakfast. "What do we have?" Louis hummed, pecking at the bowl of berries beside the sink. "Take your boyfriend out of my kitchen please, Harry," she sighed, taking the bowl away. "C'mon you can eat them with what she's cooking. Let's not disturb her?" Harry grinned, leading Louis out of there. Louis. Boyfriend. "Why didn't you correct her?" he asked, sitting down beside Harry. "Because there is no other explanation for why I slept in your room and the noises," he fibbed. What would've liked to say was 'Because I want you to be my boyfriend.' Louis stared at Harry sipping orange juice. It would've been nice to have him around like this, as more than someone he just slept with. If only he didn't have the reputation and the habits that he did. 

"So you love him?" Marry asked, sitting down beside him with Cookie in her lap. "What? No! Why would I? He's too tall and too glib and too...too caring and god no I don't love him!" he scrambled. "Well, too caring isn't a bad thing, dearie. Also, I don't know about you but he seemed very infatuated with you. You should've seen the way he grinned when I called you his boyfriend or how he stared at you all morning up until the moment he left," she smiled, petting the cat's back. "But..but you know how his reputation is. The whole of Europe knows. Why would he change for silly old me?" Louis sighed, leaning back on the couch as Ophelia climbed into his lap. "I think he already has changed. I know how horrible that blond lad was to you, darling boy but he seems like a good one. He fed you dinner last night remember? I don't think he does that for anyone," she informed. "Wait...oh right dinner. He fed me dinner. That was terribly sweet of him but I don't think that's proof enough that he's going to be the man I want to love and be with," he replied, staring at the ceiling. "I think you already know the man you love and want to be with," she added. "I just...I don't know what to do honestly..he's so many people at the same time and he has so many secrets. He's caring but he's also snarky and cocky and just plain annoying. But whatever happens, I am not saying anything. If he likes me, then he'd better man up," Louis grumbled, reaching for the remote. "Collateral?" he asked, flipping through his watchlist. She agreed with a nod. 

"Nialler!" Harry cheered, walking into the pub. "Harry! It's been a long time," he beamed, going in to capture the taller lad in a bone-crushing hug. "Beer?" he asked, already calling the bartender. "Sure, leprechaun," he chuckled. "Oi shut up inbred prince," he retorted. "Oh come on! At least I don't have a missing eye or an extra eye," he huffed. "Yeah you are stupidly tall and you're clumsy as fuck. Maybe got something to do with that eye eh?" he laughed, nodding at the barman who asked if it would be the usual. "Yeah yeah whatever," he dismissed, staring at his bodyguards who were standing in the back, hidden by the dark. "Wait for a second, I haven't seen you this happy for eleven fucking years. Tell me what happened. Did Robin finally admit he had a dead rat up his arse all along?" he giggled. "Christ, the sun would have to rise in the west for that to happen. Bloody hell Niall, I just met a boy s'all," he blushed at the last part. "Well, then why am I just hearing about this? Tell me all that I have missed," he pressed, lightly smacking his arm. "Right um he's very pretty. Like I mean extremely pretty, the kind you stand in the middle of the street just to stare at. And he's very nice. He's kinda weird? Like he volunteers at shelters and can't keep his hands off of cats but he is so very lovable," Harry gushed, turning red. "Looks like Harold's got a crush!" he teased, sipping from his glass. Harry downed his entire glass in three gulps. "Scotch. Neat. Double," Harry ordered. "Woah are you here to drink away your infatuation?" Niall laughed, putting an arm around his friend's shoulder. "Something of that sort, mate," he answered, smiling. 

Five double orders of scotch later, Harry was drunk out of his mind. To paint a picture, he had done the Irish jig with his leprechaun friend on the stage. A girl walked up to him, knowing well what his reputation was like. Harry smiled, beckoning her over. He wasn't thinking clearly, he was absolutely hammered. "My place," he shot, grabbing her arm and leading her out of the pub. Niall stared at the scene in disbelief. Hadn't his best friend just told him that he had met the prettiest sweetest boy and was absolutely gone for him? It must have been one of those one night stands that stayed the night then. Maybe it was true, Harry didn't know how to love. 

She was nipping at his neck when he realised what was going on. "Get off of me! I am in love with my Lou! I can't be doing this, you can't be doing this! Get the fuck out of my house!" He shouted, causing her to stumble backwards. "Oh um I am so sorry, Your Highness," she mumbled, quickly gathering her things before practically sprinting out of the front door. He was sat there on his couch, staring at the empty fireplace in front of him. Tears streamed down his cheeks. Louis was right to be wary of him, to keep his distance from him. Oh for fuck's sake, he brought a girl home after gushing to Niall about how wonderful Louis was, how Louis was probably made of sunshine.

 He shakily dialled Niall's number. "What, Harry?" Niall spat, annoyed. "I..I messed up Niall. I am horrible and I am stupid and useless. No wonder my Lou wants to keep his distance, no wonder he doesn't want us to be anything more than exclusive fuck buddies," he wailed. Harry was crying. In the almost twelve years of friendship with Harry, Niall had never once seen or heard the lad cry. "I..love..love Louis but he doesn't love me back! He never will. And this is precisely why!" he cried, lying down on the couch. "Look, lad. I'm not gonna lie and say you are a good person. You're not. But I will say this. Whoever this Louis guy is, he is lucky because you are trying your damn hardest to change," he comforted before changing his demeanour. "You're still a fucking bastard that doesn't deserve the angel you described to me. So get your act together before you lose him. God knows he won't have trouble finding another man who'll love him and actually be all his. Can't say the same about you, mate," he snapped, causing Harry to flinch. "I'm trying..I promise I'm trying," he sobbed. "Well then try fucking harder! Louis isn't going to wait for you or your shenanigans to end," he seethed. He'd had enough of Harry and his antics. He didn't know Louis but he sure as hell knew that he wouldn't allow the boy to be broken by the train wreck he called his best friend. "I..I know. I just don't know what to do. There are too many feelings..I haven't felt these..I don't know what to do," he cried, sweat dripping down his forehead. "Harry, you're drunk right now and I need you to be completely sober before we have this conversation. I'll come over tomorrow and we can talk it out okay? Go to sleep now," Niall instructed, sighing. "He'll still like me tomorrow right? He won't leave me right?" Harry choked, ashamed. "Yeah, he'll still like you. He wouldn't leave you, Harry," Niall assured him, mentally cursing himself for possibly lying. Harry soon dozed off to sleep, in his outdoor clothes and a tear-stained face. Niall only cut the call after he was positive that the sounds he was hearing were Harry's soft snores. Harry was in deep shit and he would have to pull him up, as usual. He smacked himself for befriending the stupidly handsome and irritating playboy of a Crown Prince named Harry Styles.