23

A week of them going back and forth between their houses, always finding a way to have dinner and sleep together at night and they couldn't be happier. Banters about everything from Harry's three hundred quid tie to how Louis always smothered his cats too much, quickies in the dining room while Mary was out shopping, constant I love yous, Harry making Louis playlists to hear while going to work and Louis diligently doing so and so much more. It was the love of a lifetime, the one that you write chick flicks about and it was the love that the two of them had been waiting on for so long. It was hard but it wasn't something they weren't used to. Louis would go to any length to be with Harry and Harry would go further. Nothing made Louis happier than knowing Harry was always there. If you had told Louis that he would be giddy for Harry Styles a few months ago, he would've laughed at you in your face but that was the same Louis who now felt most comfortable in Harry's presence. Harry didn't know anything about Louis' past and Louis Harry's but still, somehow they managed to save each other without the intention of doing so.  

 He shifted in his chair, unbuttoning the buttons of his suit jacket. "Sir, you have a meeting with Mr Williams in about ten minutes. Here are all the files you asked for," she smiled, setting down three pristine folders. "Thank you, Steph," he dismissed. He didn't want to meet with the man. He always thought Louis wasn't actually good for anything, that Mark was a better man for the job, that Louis was nothing but a pretty piece of arse. Louis wanted to go and down an entire bottle of scotch, that'd give him the guts to actually give that fool a good-sized piece of his mind. "Fuck you, Samuel Williams. I know why you have three ex-wives," he seethed to himself, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Steph do we have earl grey tea? Mr Williams likes it with no sugar no milk," he asked. "Yes we do, sir. I'll bring it in within two minutes of the meeting starting," she smiled from across the room. 

Harry had been awfully perky at the office for the past week. Not the waltzing in and smiling constantly but perkier than he had been in all his life. He smiled at the interns, gave Paula a slight break from his particular way of work, and occasionally smiled at his phone. Of course, people had sneaked glances to see exactly who it was that had made their boss do a complete turnaround. His lock screen. It was a picture of his hands and someone else's, clasped together in sheets. Paula couldn't be least bothered as long as he wasn't being overly demanding. "Paula, my father sent some folders apparently? Leave them on my desk before lunch and I'll have a look at them," he instructed, leaving nothing for her to question. She nodded. 

"Niall, what are you doing here?" Harry asked, getting up from his desk to hug him. "I refuse to enter your house after what I witnessed. As much as I like Louis, I don't trust him and I certainly don't trust you, Styles. With my luck, I'll see something even more scarring," he glared and Harry burst out in laughter. "Oh come on, we were just fucking. Not like you saw my boy-" Harry was cut off. "Shut up! I don't wanna know what you kinky fuckers do," he huffed, plopping down on one of the chairs. "Okay I'll just send you an hour's footage," he smiled, going to the corner to pour them both drinks. Niall rolled his eyes. "So Louis gave you a chance?" Niall asked, eyeing the picture that showed up when his phone chimed with a notification. "Yeah um, he said he loves me back and I love him so much. He's so sweet to me honestly and he adores Dusty," Harry gushed and Niall genuinely felt happy. His best friend wasn't the biggest playboy of London city anymore, he was a disgustingly loved up fool whose eyes filled with stars when he heard his lover's name. "I think he's good for you, mate," Niall took the glass of bourbon. "I think he's great for me, the best if I dare say so myself," he smiled giddily. Niall nodded. Louis was perfect for Harry. 

"That wraps up the meeting then, Mr Williams," Louis smiled, getting up from his chair. He nodded, standing up. This man was one of the few who wasn't charmed by his smile or his arse, whichever caught their eye first. "It was a pleasure doing business with you, sir," Louis pressed, shaking his hand with a dazzling smile. "Oh trust me, it was all mine. Give Mark my regards and tell him to call me," he replied with equal vigour. "I will. Thank you for your words," Louis said, walking him out of the board room. As soon as he was in the elevator and the doors closed, Louis' expression immediately turned into a scowl. His day had already begun horrible, Harry had to run to the office early and Louis had woken up to a cold bed and a sticky note on the nightstand. A meeting with the man who had once upon a time called him a f*ggt was just the thing he needed to lighten his mood, just the thing. He wanted Harry, it was already six-thirty. He wanted to go home. He would have to text him first to ask him whose place to go to.