25

Louis walked into his office, heart as heavy as a boulder. He felt afraid for Harry. Now it was as if someone would hurt Harry if he wasn't here to protect him. A big part of him honestly forgot that Harry was a grown man who was way physically stronger than him. But Louis knew after that night. He knew that Harry was the most emotionally fragile man he had ever known. He was so soft, so easy to crack. He was made of glass. The eyes he saw that night. They weren't Harry Styles'. They were of a scared, helpless boy. They haunted him in his dreams. Harry was begging him to save him, to help him, to have him. Louis wanted to have him but not like that. Not like he was a monster. If he was ever going to take him, it would be because they both wanted it and they weren't scared. 

He knew it was wrong of him to think about Harry like that. Like he was weak. He knew Harry would hate him if he knew about it. Harry had trusted him with a little bit of his pain and he now thought of him as weak. Maybe that was why Harry never said anything to him. Because he was scared he wouldn't understand. Because he hadn't given him any reason that he would listen and understand. 

"Sir?" Paula asked for the tenth time but Harry wasn't listening. He was staring at an excel spreadsheet as he had been for the past hour. He had been working on it half an hour ago but that didn't last after he remembered what had happened two days ago. He had scared Louis. "Sir?" she asked. "Yeah?" he replied. "I sent the last meeting's notes over to you. Please take a look at it when you get time," she informed. "I'll do that," he dismissed. Her heels clicked as she walked away from him. Even that sound made his skin crawl. He wanted silence but he also wanted noise. Anything that would distract him from his thoughts. He didn't want to think. He didn't want his brain to make up a thousand possibilities of how Louis would leave him for good. How Louis would tell him he had no time for broken people. I'll take care of you. I'm right here. Those words punched Harry in the gut. Who with the right mindset would take care of a man as broken as him? Why would he take care of him when he could get any man to take care of him? He had a million reasons to leave him and not even one good reason to stay. 

Harry stared at the lunch Mary so sweetly made for him. It was one of the better sides of staying with Louis most nights. Mary took him in as one of her own. It was like getting to experience all the love he had missed out on in the beginning. The worst part about Harry's problem was that nobody knew about it, he hadn't told anyone about it. It wasn't like he could call up Niall and cry about it. Oh no. He would have to deal with it in the back of his mind for the rest of his living days. Big palaces had big secrets. Don't let them out or you'll ruin the reputation of the picture-perfect polished Royal Family. 

Louis fiddled with his phone for almost half an hour before deciding to text Harry. It was nine pm. He knew both of them worked after hours so it really wasn't that big of a deal but ever since he saw Harry scared like that, he was scared for Harry. It was a sinking feeling in his gut that something bad would happen to him. That he would be torn away from him. 

Loubear: Honey, are you off work now? I can pick you up. My place?
Bambi: yeah I'm just finishing up. I'll be done by the time you get here
Bambi: your place sounds good. Love you xx
Loubear: I'm heading out then. I love you too xxxxx
Bambi: you're cute :)
Loubear: whatever you say xxxxxxxxx

"Hey handsome," Louis smirked, walking into Harry's office. "Hi, my pretty kitty," he replied, pulling at Louis' waist. "I'm a serious man! Not your pretty kitty!" Louis huffed playfully. "But then who was screaming Daddy just this morning?" he smirked, nosing at Louis' neck. "No..Nobody," he tried. "You sure about that?" he asked, nibbling at his earlobe. "Yeah..fuck let's just go home," Louis gasped. "Thought so," he pulled away and put on his coat. "I despise your skills," he seethed, locking his arm with Harry's. "I'm sure you won't be saying that in about two hours," he shrugged, switching off the light.