15

"Harold, wake up," Niall urged, placing a cup of coffee on the table in front of Harry's half-asleep figure. "Turn the volume down! And the sun is so bright," he hissed, stuffing his face into the cushion in front of him. "Shut it. Get your royal arse up and change into clothes that make you look like a normal person instead of a washed-out eighties rockstar with always greasy hair," Niall huffed, tapping at the coffee table. "What do you want?" Harry grumbled, peeling himself off the couch. "To talk it out with you before you do something stupid and hurt that Louis lad. Because trust me Harry, I might be your best mate but I will in no way allow you to continue with your bullshit no matter how many people it affects," Niall informed with a scowl. "I..I would never hurt him..Nialler I..I love him," Harry said, head down in shame. "Like hell you wouldn't. You fucking brought a girl home last night after gushing about how wonderful he was, how he was a ray of sunshine. I am sorry mate but I see you doing this to Louis at some point in your nonexistent relationship. Let's just say, hypothetically, in the most bizarre world, Louis agrees to be your boyfriend. Now imagine how he'd feel when he will walk in on you fucking another person. And now imagine how you would feel seeing him kiss another man or woman after he leaves your sorry ass," He spat, crossing his legs. "I..um..I wouldn't" Harry was cut off. "Go and fucking shower first and spare me the 'you wouldn't' talk because we both know you would," Niall sighed, leaning back. Harry didn't even try to defend himself. Niall was right, he was a bastard of a man. Louis was too good for him. 

Louis was wildly dancing in front of the mirror, hairbrush in hand. "Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone, I'll be waiting. All there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the prince too. It's a love story, baby just say, 'Yes'," He sang along to the song playing on his speaker. He felt so floaty, so loved, so in love, so..he didn't believe himself..so pretty. Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone, I keep waiting for you, but you never come. Is this in my head? I don't know what to think. He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring. And said, 'Marry me, Juliet, You'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress. It's a love story, baby, just say, 'Yes'," he breathed, throwing himself on the bed. He was giggling like a 1st grader who just got kissed on the cheek by her crush. He felt floaty, gravity ceased to exist. He felt like he was flying.

"Are you done?" Niall asked as Harry walked back in, freshly showered and in clean clothes. "Yeah..um let's talk," Harry mumbled, fiddling with something in his hand. Niall realised it was a tube of lipgloss. "So you use lipgloss now?" Niall asked, adjusting a cushion behind himself. "No..um it's Louis'. He left it behind," Harry explained, still staring at the tube. "Yeah keep continuing like this and the only thing you'll have left of him is that lipgloss," Niall spat. "I promise...I'll never do this..it's just..just that he makes me feel too many things...I like him..hell I love him...Why won't he see it? He keeps on saying that no feelings but he trusts me with his life. Why does he make a bridge?" Harry drawled, choking on his words. "Are you stupid or do you like acting like it? That boy likes you too but he's just afraid for his poor heart. Imagine what it would be like for you if he were like you. Put yourself in his shoes for once and then tell me he is being overly protective of his heart. Harry, he might trust you with his life but he doesn't trust you with his heart," he explained, glaring at him, "Besides, who is this Louis?" he asked. "Louis Tomlinson, CEO of Tomlinson Holdings," he answered. "The same man you said was a crazy twink who wanted you dead?" he asked in disbelief. "Yeah um it's a long story. I won't tell you the details but it started off as 'enemies with benefits' as he phrased it. At first, it was only the sex for me too but it's hard to not fall in love with all his little quirks, fluffy hair, baby blue eyes, dainty ankles-" Harry was cut off. "Okay okay, I get it. I don't need to know the angle at which his lashes are curled," he chuckled slightly. "He does have very pretty eyelashes. They literally rest on his high cheekbones when he sleeps," he sighed dreamily. "Look, Harry. I know you're in love. I can tell, anyone with eyes can tell. So why did you bring a girl home last night?" Niall asked, rubbing his own forehead. "I..I was trying to shake off my feelings for him. I wanted..wanted to show myself that he isn't special. That it doesn't matter that he won't love me," he choked, tears beginning to stream down his cheeks. "Harry, mate," he started, going over to sit with him, "He will, he will love you. You just have to show him that you are the man he wants. Show him you aren't the same playboy who smirks way too much. Tell him that you love him," Niall suggested. "Yeah, yeah I should do that. I should tell him I love him. I'll get my answer. Then I won't be so fucked in the head," he nodded, taking out his phone. "What are you doing, Harry?" Niall asked. "Calling the office to let them know I'm gonna be coming in soon," he replied, dialing Paula's number. Niall nodded.

"What the fuck are you doing in my office?" Louis asked as Harry pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Ugh get off me. No funny business where I work," he huffed, turning on his heel. "Came here to take you back to mine," Harry dimpled. "Fine. Let me dismiss them first," Louis sighed. He walked out of his office with Harry trailing after him. "Guys you don't have to work overtime today. I, myself, am leaving now," he smiled, walking back into his office, leaving everyone shocked. Harry Styles was trailing along with their boss as if they weren't constantly at each other's throats. "So what do you have in your plans for me? You'd better make this worth my time," he smirked, putting on his coat. "It'll be plenty worth your time," Harry beamed, holding out his hand.

Louis took off his coat and jacket, sitting down beside Harry. He shifted so he could straddle Harry, kissing him. He nipped at his neck, tugging at his curls. "Louis..honey..can you slow it down a little?" Harry asked, grabbing his hips to still him. "Why? I thought you liked it fast?" Louis asked, kissing behind his ear. "I do...I just need to say something,"  Harry tried. "What? That you've been getting perms since you were a baby and that you actually don't have curls? I figured," he sassed, kissing him. "No..my curls are natural," he sighed. "You're not fooling anyone, Harold. The whole of England has seen your baby pictures," he laughed. "Sometimes curls form later in life," Harry tried, throat closing in on itself. "Harry, honey, are you okay?" Louis asked, rubbing his back. "Inhaler...bottom drawer..Lou," Harry choked. "Yeah yeah wait you're gonna be okay..nothing is wrong..everything is okay," Louis rambled, scrambling to the drawer. He handed him the inhaler. Harry took in a few breaths, feeling his airways open again. "You..you never told me you had asthma," Louis said with tears in his eyes. "I..haven't had an attack in almost two years," Harry whispered. "But what if you had an attack at my place? I don't have an inhaler Harry! You stupid fuck! Ugh God, you make me so fucking mad," he yelled, cupping Harry's face. "Can I um say something?" Harry asked, face reddening. "Is it the perm thing again? I am telling you Harry, I know you get perms," Louis smiled, still holding his face. "C'mon sit on my lap first," Harry smiled, pulling him on top of himself.

"Just..just wanna say it now because it hurts when you say there are..that there are no feelings.... no feelings attached," he stuttered, getting flustered. "I have so many feelings attached. Whenever you say you don't particularly like me or that I am not the man you see you see yourself loving. it fucking hurts. It hurts because I want to be that man. I want to be yours. All yours. I love you, Louis. I wanna marry you and adopt so many cats and steal a corgi from the Royal Palace. I...just..I love you okay?" he rambled, red as a tomato, burying his face in Louis' neck afterwards. Louis was frozen for a second. Harry loved him, he said it himself. No, Harry is a cheating, lying jerk who will never commit. Louis pushed him off before scrambling to his feet. "Fuck you, Harry. I can't believe you of all people would do this. Honestly, do I have 'stupid' tattooed on my forehead? Bloody hell is wrong with you? Do you really think I believe that bullshit? I am not eighteen year old Louis anymore. Love is bullshit. Nobody ever loves. All they do is take advantage of you. Go fuck yourself!" he screamed, tears pooling in his eyes. He rushed to get his coat and jacket, trying to button up his shirt. Harry rushed to grab him by his arm but Louis shook him off. He was just out of the door when Harry grabbed him by the waist, pulling him flush against himself. "Get. Off. Of. Me." he seethed, slapping Harry across the face, making him lose his grip and giving him the perfect opportunity to slip away. Harry fell to the floor, bringing his knees up to his chin, and stayed there, crying his eyes out. Louis was gone.