29

"I can't believe I get to meet your parents so soon," Harry chuckled nervously. "Oh shut it. You have no reason to be nervous, I know they'll love you," Louis smiled, smoothing the collar of Harry's shirt. "You really think so?" he asked, running a hand through his hair. "I know so," he sighed, ringing the bell before Harry could interject again. "Good evening, sirs. Madam is in the garden," she informed, closing the door behind them. "Thank you, dear," Louis smiled, taking Harry's hand. "Oh my God, I feel ill. Am I ill? I shouldn't around other people if I'm sick. Christ, I'll give everyone the flu and they'll never want me anywhere near their Louis," Harry rambled. "Jesus Hazza, you're just nervous. It's normal. My mum will adore you, now come on," he laughed. 

"Mum, what exactly are you doing out here?" Louis asked, sitting beside her. She almost jumped out of her skin, hand grasping the railing beside her. "You gave me a fright, Boo," she reprimanded. "I think I'll walk around with a french horn to announce my arrival from next time. But what are you doing here?" he said with a smug smile. "The wind is nice this evening and your father won't stop talking about golf," she sighed, "Oh if it isn't Harry!" she exclaimed, getting up and rushing to Harry who was standing in a corner. "Good evening ma'am," he said with a shy smile. "Absolutely not! You'll call me Jay," she smiled. "Thank you, Jay," he said, nervously picking at a thread on his shirt. "Well come on then, let's go have dinner. Mark is going to be elated to see you," she cheered, walking towards the door. Louis walked up to Harry who was still frozen in the spot. "Told you, she'd adore you," he chirped, pressing a kiss to his jaw. "Well I see where you got your bubbliness from," he sighed, placing his hand on the small of Louis' back and leading them to the dining room. 

"So, Harry, what are your intentions with our brother?" Lottie asked with a deadpan expression while the other two girls stared at him. "Well, I plan to marry him, given that he will let me, of course," he dimpled. "Good lad," she smiled. "Well of course he does, Lotts. Lou is always going on about Harry this, Harry that. He can't stop talking about him and it makes the rest of us gag," Mark guffawed. "No, I do not! You lot are terrible," Louis huffed, crossing his arms. Harry smirked. "Remind me who was the man who wouldn't shut up about how nice Harry looks with long hair," Daisy chirped. "Well, let's see, it was the Louis Tomlinson," Phoebe giggled. "You like me with longer hair?" Harry asked Louis with a smug expression. "Bingo. What an interesting discovery. Give the man a prize," Louis deadpanned, stuffing his mouth with lettuce. "Well, it's always nice to know that you like it," he smirked, much to everyone else's delight. "You'll fit right in with us, Harry," Lottie chuckled. "It's really nice to see Louis with such a good man, love. He's really happy with you," Jay smiled. "I plan to keep him like that for the rest of our days," he said, rubbing Louis' thigh. 

"It's amazing to see you two together. Especially given both of your histories together. I still remember the glares Louis sent your way," Mark laughed, topping off Harry's glass. "I couldn't be happier, sir. I'm still afraid of him, mind you," he chuckled, taking a sip of the drink. "Now I'm going to say something that I need you to listen to very carefully. I do not care that you are a prince or that you are next in line. All I know is I will hunt you down to the ends of this Earth if you hurt my boy. He has been through hell in his last relationship and I'd hate to see him in that position again. I know what your track record is like, all of the UK does. So I'm telling you now, be careful," Mark said, looking straight into his eyes. "Of course, sir. I would never hurt a hair on his hair, he is far too precious to do that," Harry nodded.  

Louis was sat with his mum and sisters in the living room, playing Scrabble while Harry and his father had The Talk. "Tell us more about Harry," Daisy pressed which caused Louis to fumble. "What do you want to know?" he coughed. "Anything! What's he like? Is he a good kisser? Hm? In bed?" Lottie smirked. Thank God his mum was out of earshot. "Well, he's perfect. Warm, soft and all things amazing. He cooks very well and loves to go on morning jogs. No, I do not join him on those stupid jogs. And yeah he is a good kisser, very experienced. Oh, he is amazing in bed, let me tell you about this one time that he-" he was cut off. "Ew gross I didn't expect you to actually tell me!" she said quickly, "I thought you wanted to know," he shrugged, arranging the letters on his stand alphabetically. 

"It was so nice to meet you, love," Jay smiled, pressing a kiss to Harry's forehead and if the man didn't melt at that, he would be lying. "Thank you so much for everything," he dimpled. "Of course, darling," she replied, turning to Louis. "Bring him over more often, Lou. You aren't in college anymore and we would love to meet your boyfriend," she chuckled, pulling him into a hug. "Mum, I know," he dragged, causing everyone around them to laugh. 

"So how was it?" Louis asked, patting Harry's thigh. "What, baby?" he asked with a smile. Dimples. "Don't do that. I was talking about the time you had at my parent's house," he said with flushed cheeks. "I loved every minute I spent there but what are you on about baby?" he asked with a smug little smile. "You know exactly what I am on about, you little shit," he glared. "Baby, trust me, I don't have a clue," he chuckled, watching Louis get frustrated. 

"It's pretty official then?" Harry smirked, hand slipping around the small of Louis' back. "What?" he asked, pressing the button on the lift. "Our relationship. I met your parents and they loved me," he said with a smug look that Louis wanted to slap off...or kiss off. "Yeah well, it's still in the works. Don't get lazy, Styles, you're still on thin ice," he deadpanned. "What can I do to make it official?" he asked, a playful smile on his lips. "Figure it out, honey," he laughed, walking out of the lift and Harry followed after. 

"Your dad gave me the talk," Harry said, taking off his coat. "I know, he had given Oliver one too. They don't work," he laughed self depreciatingly. "Hey, don't say that baby," he said softly, walking over to him. "Well, they work if the man that gets the talk has good intentions from the start as you do," he blurted, eyes widening. "You really think that?" he asked, cupping his cheeks. "No um yeah kinda just shut up Harry,"  he fumbled, head moving to the side to avoid his eyes. "I love you, Louis Tomlinson," he laughed, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Yeah yeah I love you too, let's go to bed please," he mumbled, taking Harry's hand and leading him to the bedroom. 

Harry was sound asleep as Louis stroked his hair, leaning on his hand. Harry was right, meeting the parents was an official step in a relationship. It was official. He had no doubt in that. He had no fear in how Harry would treat him, he was scared of how he'd treat Harry once the honeymoon phase wore off. If he was even capable of loving Harry, like trusting Harry as he did with him. Love was the most fucking embarrassing thing he had faced since he had fallen in that pit in year six. "I'm so sorry I messed up the sheets in your bed, I'm sorry I let my heart bleed on your own tattered one. I tried to build you a shore with my best but the waves of my past crash against it so fucking often, I've begun to hate that bloody shore and how can I ever expect you to love it?" he cried softly, still caressing the face of the man he loved. The broken man he loved, the man that loved him despite his chipped edges.