6

Louis woke up with a headache. It was probably from all the crying he did last night. "He is a jerk. the biggest jerk. I can't believe I started to feel bad for him and tried to cheer him up," he grumbled, dragging himself to the washroom. Washing off the tear stains on his cheeks, his heart broke at how much Oliver still controlled his life. He applied his serum and moisturiser on his face, skin slightly tanned from the Mediterranean sun. He dabbed on peach flavoured lipgloss on his pouted lips, smacking them and fluttering his lashes. He looked prettier than a picture, almost like a doll but he simply sighed, pushing himself off as average. He put on the blue shirt, leaving the first four buttons undone. Rolling up his sleeves, he grabbed the cat. "Okay, then. Let's get breakfast. Just because a lanky jerk is aboard with us doesn't mean we can't eat yummy things. I'll talk to the cook about getting you some fish yeah?" Louis smiled at Cookie who blinked at him. He was as confused as the cat at this point. 

"Louis, I hope you are well-rested. I will admit, the talk did go a little out of hand last night during dinner. I am incredibly sorry if I made you uncomfortable at any point," Robin started, walking over to Louis with two glasses of orange juice. "Thank you, Your Majesty," Louis said, taking the glass in his hand, "No, it was completely fine. We all had a little too much alcohol in our systems last night. It is over. Let's put that behind us. No damage done," he smiled. "Now, lad. I think we are past the point where you have to call me 'Your Majesty'. Call me Robin, at least when we're not in formal places," he suggested. "Very well then, Robin," Louis nodded. "Louis, I hope you slept well last night. The sea does get quite loud at night when you're trying to sleep," Harry beamed, walking over to the pair. "I did, Harry. Thank you for asking," Louis replied, looking at him square in the eye with a hardened glare. Harry's face softened, he hadn't expected Louis to hurt this bad. "Right I talked to the chef, breakfast is served. Let's go eat?" Harry suggested and both the men nodded, making way for the dining table.

"Good morning, Lou," Jay cheered, going over to kiss Louis' forehead. Louis almost sank into her arms. Almost. He quickly gathered himself up, smiling at her. "Good morning, mum," he beamed. "Mum do they have toast with blueberry jam?" Louis asked in her ear as if he were five again. He needed the comfort of it. Harry had brought it all back, memories that took years of therapy to get over. "Yes, they do, honey. Do you want me to make it for you?" Jay asked softly and he nodded. Harry stared at Louis like he had grown two heads. Confident, independent, running Tomlinson Holdings at twenty-four Louis Tomlinson was subtly pushing his chair towards his mother while she spread jam on toast for him. Louis caught his gaze on him and glared at him with eyes that could kill. He coughed awkwardly before returning his attention to his plate of egg whites. 

"Boobear is everything okay?" Jay asked, rubbing her son's back. Louis was leaning on the railings, the wind caressing Louis' face like a lost lover's gentle touch. "Yeah I'm fine, mumma," Louis fibbed. "Lou, baby, I am your mumma. The same woman you share everything with. Look at how you're flicking your fingers. I won't ask what's wrong until you decide it's time to tell me but I will say this. You can always come to me for anything, mumma's always here," she sighed. "I'm completely fine, mum. You enjoy the sea, don't worry about me," he smiled. She left him with a kiss on his left cheek. Louis hadn't acted like this, like he was desperately craving comfort since he left Oliver and that worried Jay. Louis sighed, walking towards the kitchen. 

"Cookie baby, look! I got you cod!" Louis beamed, walking over to the meowing cat with a plate of fish. "Do you like it?" Louis asked, smiling giddily. The cat was just scarfing down fish, she couldn't care less about what Louis was saying. "I think she likes it," Harry chimes, standing beside Louis. He was wearing another stupid hipster shirt and jeans that looked like bloody leggings. "I don't remember naming you Cookie, stupid lanky fool," Louis thought, smiling as he nodded. "Is it cod?" Harry asked. Louis hummed in response. "Are you still mad about last night? I swear I was only joking. I never meant for it to hurt you. I would never even bring it up if I knew it would be hurting you. I am so sorry, Lou.. I mean Louis," Harry tried. He was not the best human but he would never hurt anyone like that. Not being committed and egoistic was one thing, making someone cry all night was another thing. "Yes, Harry I am still mad at you. What is your problem? The business is done, I don't want anything to do with you. Why don't you get that?" Louis sneered, lifting his chin higher so he could look straight into Harry's eyes. Yes, he was angry at Harry but he wasn't afraid of him. "Louis, what are you on about? I have apologized more times in the past twelve hours than I have in the past year. What is it that is making this so difficult. Please just say it okay and let's get this over with," Harry said while fixing his hair. He only had so much patience and now it was spreading thin. Why wouldn't he just say it's okay and Harry could go about feeling light again? Neither of them were removing their gaze. They were challenging each other to see who would go down first, who would be the first to look away and admit defeat. It wouldn't be Harry and it sure as hell wouldn't be Louis. But being in this close proximity to Louis, Harry could smell peaches on Louis' lips. He did wear lipgloss. A little taste wouldn't hurt, would it? Before Harry could think anything, he bent down, tilted his face almost attaching their lips before Louis pushed him away. "Are you out of your bloody mind, Harold? Get a grip!" Louis snapped, picking up Cookie and walking away. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry, Louis," Harry tried. "Yeah you're sorry for thinking with your stupid dick," Louis thought to himself but only glared back at Harry.