Chapter 7

Clara's POV

The best way to describe this day was to say it's been a roller coaster of events. It consisted of ups, downs, sharp turns, loops, and several other parts that would actually be in a roller coaster.

The beginning: the doctor taking me out for a nice day.

The ride upwards: the beginning of the day when the weather was beautiful and there seemed to be no trouble in sight.

The surprise steep downhill: the doctor leaving me behind.

The leveled part where it seems to be ending: Dean offering me a place to stay.

The sudden loop that swivels into many sharp turns and even more, smaller, loops: finding out that the boys were staying in a motel.

And just like those loops and sharp turns would make you feel sick on an actual roller coaster, my emotional roller coaster was making me feel quite queasy.

I had said I would stay with them because I was expecting them to have in extra room or something. But now, we were all going to be crammed into one tiny motel room like a pack of sardines.

And to make the scenario even better than it already was, there were only two beds.

I tried to walk through the door and stumbled a little. My mind was racing and I felt my legs start shaking.
"Clara," Dean grabbed my shoulders. "Are you okay?"

To be honest, I was not okay. I felt dizzy, and seeing those bright green eyes staring directly into mine didn't help much.

"I could be better."

Dean looked really worried. I think he could tell I was feeling a bit faint.

"Although, you're squeezing my shoulders a bit too hard. It kind of hurts."

Dean's grip softened and he lead me over to the bed closest to the door. He guided my shoulders down a little bit, trying to imply for me to sit down. I didn't hesitate in doing as he wished.

He knelt down in front of me and grabbed my hands.

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I tried to pull my hand away from his, so that I could wipe the water away, but he caught me before I could.

"Let me." He whispered softly. He brought his thumb to my face and wiped away the tears that had escaped from my eyes. Then he placed his hand on my cheek and stroked it softly.

"It's going to be okay. I promise."

I was never concerned about anything "not being okay," but his words helped me relax a little. I tried to avoiding looking at him directly.

I actually wasn't very upset about having to stay in a motel room with the boys. I just wished I would have known before I accepted the offer.

The real reason that I was crying was that reality had finally caught up to me. Everyone I knew was either across an ocean or in a different time period. I was alone with two men that I hardly knew. The man I had trusted left me.

I didn't want to cry in front of Dean. I didn't really want to cry at all. But I knew that if I was going to cry, I might as well let it all out at once instead of being a sniffling mess for the entire time I stayed with the boys.

I looked up at Dean and saw that he was staring directly into my eyes. We stared at each other in silence for awhile.

I really looked at him for the first time. Sure, I had seen him, but I wanted to observe him.

He was beautiful. He had nice eyes, a cute little nose, and a few freckles that dotted it. His lips were a nice pinkish color. All lips are a similar color, but his caught my eye. They weren't too chapped, and looked soft.

He noticed that my eyes were lingering on his lips. He chuckled and placed his other hand on my other cheek. He pulled me a little closer, and then leaned towards me until our lips met.

He kissed me softly then pulled away slightly. I rested my forehead to his and gently closed my eyes.

I wished I could have stayed in that moment forever.