Chapter 14

Clara's POV

Dean and Sam shared a glance and then finally Dean started talking.

"Well, this is going to sound crazy, but we hunt monsters for a living. The monsters that you thought lived under a bed as a child, they're real." He chuckled. "Well they probably didn't actually live under your bed. That's not really their style."

"Like aliens?" I asked.

"No, like demons, vampires, and werewolves."

"Oh, that's new..." I raised my eyebrows. "Did you say that you hunt them? Does that mean you kill them?"

"Why are you not phased by this?" Dean stared at me in shock. "And yes, usually. They're usually trying to kill us before we ever kill them, though."

"But why kill them? Just because they're different?" I could feel myself turning pale. My breathing started becoming faster and I started reaching out behind me to find a place to sit.

"Woah, calm down," Sam muttered. He grabbed my shoulders and lead me to the sofa. "Are you worried about your friend or something?"

"Why would I be worried about him? He was drugged! I just don't like the idea of you being a murderer. You should try to understand the creature before you judge it. Or kill it for that matter."

"We've tried. That didn't end too well. And about that," Dean responded. "He was actually possessed by a demon. That's why his eyes turned black."

I put my head and my hands and shook it.

"Seriously?" I mumbled.

When I looked up, Sam smiled a little and shrugged.

"Sorry, Clara."

"So was that red haired lady also possessed?"

"Yes," Bobby spoke up. "And instead of sitting here and talking about it, we really need to go find her before she tries to murder half of the town!"

Dean shot Bobby a dirty look.

"Let her adjust to the idea, Bobby."

"She seems to be doing fine, Dean!"

"She can hear you!" I shouted. "And thank you, Dean, but I'm fine." I got up and started walking towards the door. "Bobby's right. We have a demon to find. Let's go."

The boys stared at me for a minute. They seemed very confused at the fact I wasn't shocked when being told that monsters are real. I don't blame them, though. Most people don't have experience with that sort of thing and I'm sure they thought I was part of them.

After coming to his senses, Dean walked over and opened the door. He gestured for me to go through.

"Lead the way, Ms. Oswald."