Chapter 9

200 reads!!!! (3/24/15) Thank you all so much omg.

•••

Clara's POV

Every single instinct of mine was telling me to jump out of that car and run as far as I could as soon as the boys left me alone. Did I listen to those instincts? No. Should I have? Yes.

After about 5 minutes of sitting alone, I heard a screech. It sounded something like: "IT'S ALIVE!" I don't know exactly what would have been alive, but I took it upon myself to find out. I opened the car door and gingerly stepped out. Dean had told me to stay put; how was he going to react if I disobeyed?

You're not a dog, Clara. Why should you have to listen to him? I thought to myself.

I stalked over to the crime scene and saw I very bloody person walking around. It, no she, was holding her hands on her hips and was speaking to someone. That someone looked very frightened.

It's alive.

The boys were both holding pistols and were shouting commands at the people behind them. Dean had his eyes on the woman, and seemed to be pointing the gun at her.

"Dean, what are you doing?" I yell. Dean looks up at me and his face goes blank.

"Clara, why are you out here?"

"I heard someone scream," I said. "I wanted to see what was going on."

The woman turned towards me. She had bright red hair and wore a smirk on her lips.

"We have a curious one here, now don't we?" She walked closer to me and I took a step back. I was about to run back to the car, but I wasn't quick enough. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me against her. Her hand flicked to my neck and I realized she was holding a knife. I was being held hostage by a dead woman.

"Dean," I stuttered. "What's going on?"

He was about to call out something when two large men behind him grabbed him. He tried to escape their grasp, but they were much too strong.

The woman held me tighter and leaned against my shoulder so I could see her face.

"I don't think your boyfriend can save you now, Clara."

"How do you know my name?"

She cackled and exaggerated a blink.

I gasped. Her eyes were black.