Chapter 1.4

CHAPTER   XIV

THIRD   POINT   OF   VIEW

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

Flowers
Before she opened her eyes, Tsubaki smelt the overpowering fragrance of flowers. Laying in a secluded valley somewhere far from any village or any place she knew, in a time almost stuck in its own loop. Puffy white clouds aimlessly sailing through perpetual blue skies, casting cool shadows dancing along with soft breezes. It's a place she felt safe, but a strange melancholy weighed on her chest. It felt like when you come back to a place you haven't seen in a long time.

Tsubaki didn't understand why she had these feelings, only recognizing this place as part of a reoccurring dream. No such place existed in Konoha. She doubted she'd seen it any of the books she's read either. Besides, there was an even bigger mystery she could never solve. The monster and beauty just a few yards from her position.

Whatever made that part of this fantasy world blurry was clearer than ever. It manifested itself as a misty wall, cutting straight down the meadow's middle. Something told her she wouldn't get in no matter what she did. So she remained seated, watching.

   'For once, I just want to not dream. Does this even qualify as a dream? More like a nightmare on repeat. What a drag.' Tsubaki had enough unanswered questions in the real world. Having to deal with more when she was trying to rest was only more troublesome.

She flopped back down into the meadow bed, shutting her eyes. Unfortunately,  this would have to play out till its bitter end. With senses now heightened, everything seemed even more vibrant in her mind's eye. The breeze that passed by ceaselessly, petals brushing tenderly against her exposed limbs, a sweet smell becoming almost sickening.

'This isn't helping,' she thought grumpily, opening her eyes in hopes of lessening the oncoming headache. Unknowingly the scene had completely changed. Now, there's nothing. No light, no wind, no petals, no smell. Just a dark expanse absorbing every shade of color and evidence of life. She stood up inspecting her endless surroundings, squinting for a noticeable marker of some kind. 'Well, this is new.'

A heavy, warm blast threw Tsubaki on all fours. Her hands landing in a puddle of water. Looking down, she watched as the ripples began to bounce off one another, revealing a cement floor miles below.

"What the hell is this annoying bug that's flown into my domain," a dark voice growled. It echoed throughout, shaking her bones to send cold chills down her spine. "Look at me."