Chapter 1.3

CHAPTER XIII

THIRD   POINT   OF   VIEW

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

"Tsubaki-sama, this is the fourth time this week. Neji-sama has made it clear that he will not see anyone for any reason. You should stop coming here. The snow is building, it'll be harder for you to travel between the compound and the Nara estate." The housemaid frowned disapprovingly at the bundled child. She had layers of clothing in accordance with the winter season.

Since Hizashi's funeral, there hasn't been a single day where the grey skies stopped snowing. Konoha had become a village of sleek white; from the towering Hokage Mountain to the empty streets.

Tsubaki's smile dimmed slightly. "Oh...well, with the storm and everything there's not much to do at home so I figured I'd drop by again. Could you please just let me in? I won't even tell him I'm here. I just want to see him."

The maid shook her head sadly. "I'm afraid not. Neji-sama doesn't want to be bothered. Especially by someone outside of the second branch." Her words weren't said out of loathing or anger; only sadness lingered in her strained tone. Very few knew the full details about why Hizashi had been sent to Kumogakure to accept the punishment for killing a foreign nation's Head Shinobi. She and Neji were those few, thus the reason why she was the only person that hadn't been dismissed from service.

Her heart weighed heavily in her chest for her young master. Shortly after his father's death, the Main Household had placed the curse mark on him. The mixture of anger and grief has turned the once innocent boy into a being that knew nothing but hatred for the Main Household.

Nighttime was the worst. He didn't get any sleep. Most times he would be stuck in a nightmare, screaming and crying, destroying everything in front of him once he realized the nightmare would never end.

Tsubaki was oblivious to how much her friend was suffering. All she knew was what she heard from Hinata. Apparently she too had been turned away by her cousin. The only time they met was when her father forced them to resume her training. She mentioned to Tsubaki that the boy was vicious - nearly killing her in their matches until her father used the curse seal.

Remembering how he writhed in pain on the ground caused Hinata to release another wave of endless tears. At that point, the young Nara knew she needed to speak to Neji properly.

"I know he doesn't want to talk to anyone, but he needs to. Please, if only for a moment. Just please let me hear what he has to say. If he still doesn't want to speak to me then I swear I'll leave you all alone. I just can't sit at home knowing my friend is suffering alone."

The maid chewed at her bottom lip. Minutes of tense contemplation was had before she reluctantly moved to the side. Tsubaki slipped in, hurriedly pulling off her boots before speed walking down the freezing corridor, not wanting to wait around for the woman to change her mind. The second branch household was smaller than the Main Branch.