Chapter 0.0

PROLOGUE

THIRD   POINT   OF   VIEW

   "Why do you continue to stand? Your comrades and friends have all fallen. Give up. There's no hope of you defeating me alone."

   Hope. That was the last thing one would expect to find on such a hell trodden battlefield. The destruction was unfathomable, all caused by the incarnation of a god that stood unscathed. It had only been hours, but already it felt like a never-ending battle. Their bodies were growing weaker with the fading thought of being able to see their next sunrise. Eternal night reigned these lands with despair as its scepter and death as its shining crown.

   It was hard to move with a will so broken down. Even the Kages who were barely managing to hold onto life's thread could no longer stand on their legs without the shaking threatening to bring them back down. Fear was causing their fiery blood to now become a cold river in their veins. A bitter taste filling their mouths. This was the end.

   "All you've been doing is yapping away

   "All you've been doing is yapping away. It's getting on my last nerve," she grumbled, forcing her aching body to stand. It'd been a long time since she last felt such pain. When she looked at her hand there was a thick layer of crimson dying her nimble fingers. "You talk big like you've already won. I'm still standing..."

   Her sharp maroon eyes glared up at the self-proclaimed god. She didn't feel defeated. There was no chill or fear that paralyzed her. All she could feel was the heaviness of her shoulders and the warmth staining her fist. Even if this was to be her last few moments, they would be spent on her feet, fighting for the people she wanted to protect, carrying the wishes of all those who entrusted their wills to her.

   All her life she lived moving forward. Sometimes it seemed impossible to move from that place. People came and went like the passing seasons. Some stayed by her side until the bitter end, others continued to stand with her. Now, it was her time to stand for them. A medical shinobi's job was to save lives.

   "There's no way I'm losing to a corpse." 

-----------

Sequel in progress! Yay!