Chapter 0.3

CHAPTER III

THIRD   POINT   OF   VIEW

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

"Tsubaki, thank you again for coming out to help even on your day off."

"It's no problem! I like learning new things anyways."

Dr. Mori smiled gratefully at the enthusiastic child. Most of the staff at Konoha Hospital were accustomed to seeing the small child walking up and down the pristine hallways, either with a stack of papers in her small arms or following their head doctor. It was arranged by Yoshino months ago that her daughter would come in to do volunteer work whenever her studies allowed. There were things she could not teach her inquisitive daughter at the clinic that could only be seen at an actual hospital.

At first, Dr. Mori was hesitant to allow a small child such as her to enter a place as busy as here. But his doubts were quickly put to rest when she proved just how useful she could be. Not only was she strong enough to help move around equipment, she was remarkably intelligent. Yoshino confessed to having played only a small part in her child's knowledge. Most of what was stored in that growing brain of her's was learned on her own. Soon Tsubaki became an irreplaceable helper around the wards.

Today she was tasked with helping label medicines in the pharmaceutical office. She was wasting absolutely no time. The thing that made Tsubaki so efficient even while doing tedious work like organizing the medication drawers was that she was happy to do it. Everything was an opportunity to refresh her mind in her eyes. As she placed each bottle in their correct places, jotted down the amount left in the old ledger, she would mentally answer what their side-effects and uses were. It was fun.

Dr. Mori could see how much she truly loved her place her. The way her eyes glowed with such childish fervor translating enough for anyone to understand. He looked forward to her future. When she was old enough he every intention in handing over his practice to her. As Head of Operations and Management, it was only natural that he'd eventually start looking for a successor to take over Konoha Hospital. No one knew his plans to make that very person Tsubaki.

Others might've seen it as ridiculous to choose a child with less experience then most of the adults in this building, but Dr. Mori could see her endless potential. There hadn't been someone so extraordinary the field of medicine since the age of Mikubae Senju - Mother of Medical Ninjutsu. Dr. Mori might've been overestimating her capabilities - blinded by his own favoritism towards his youngest disciple - regardless, he knew he would be making a mistake if he didn't at least consider.

"When you're done make sure to get something to eat."

"Yes, sir!"

Dr. Mori left her to her task. Tsubaki hummed as stretched out her back, taking in a deep breath of air coming from the open window. The sun was still pretty high in the sky. She could vaguely make out the muddled conversations of people on the streets. Today was one of the days of End of Market. Produce, clothing, jewels, and other small commodities would be sold at a cheaper price today and next week. Christmas was coming up soon. People would be frantic over buying decent presents for their loved ones.