Chapter 12 (Revised)

(Phoebe's POV)
A million thoughts ran through my head as Derek entered the room. I thought he was dead. I was in shock that he was standing in front of me perfectly fine. I didn't know what  to say to Derek at the moment. As he sat on the bed, I got up and walked to my room, slamming the door behind me. I jumped on my bed and screamed into the pillow. Releasing my anger. Then came the tears. I was happy to see him but also mad that he didn't let me know he was okay earlier.

During all my sobbing, I didn't hear the door of my bedroom opening and steps walking towards my bed. I felt the side of my bed dip and I looked up. Through my blurry eyes I saw the worried face of Derek. I just put my head back into the pillow. He lifted up the covers and crawled in beside me, wrapping his arms around me and pulled me into his chest, hugging me closer. I snuggled into his warmth and sighed. My tears seizing.

"Why were you crying, baby girl?" Derek whispered into my ear. I cherished the sound of his voice for a second, cringing at the thought that I might of never heard it again.

"I thought I would never see you again. My emotions just took over me. I'm mad that you didn't tell me that you were okay but I'm also relieved that you are okay." I whispered knowing he could hear me. He tightened his grip even more but not crushing me.

"You have no idea how worried I was. I didn't know if he had got you or not. I wanted to contact you so many times, I just had to make sure that I wasn't be followed by the alpha. I didn't want you more unsafe than you already were. I wanted to make sure you didn't get hurt anymore because of me. You mean too much to me."He said making my heart tighten, any anger I had toward him disappearing.
He kissed me before placing his head in the crook of my neck. And we fell asleep. Wrapped in each other's arms.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey! This chapter is a cute Phoebe/Derek moment. I feel like they needed one. 💙

Edited 1/6/17
392 Words